CSL Elite Racing Wheel in the US- What is going on with it?

So, placed my order for the csl elite racing wheel bundle with the P1 rim on May 4th for May 15th availability. May 15th came and went and it got changed to May 22nd. May 22nd came and went and changed to June 12th. Today is June 12th. The product page still says “preorder for June 12th availability”.

On June 2nd, I placed a preorder for the Fanatec handbrake for June 5th availability. On June 5th, it was processed and shipped to me first thing in the morning.

What’s going on with the csl elite racing wheel and p1 rim? Seems like the only issue with this is in the US. I hope that our dates for this item don’t get pushed out for the 4th time. Why does it still say it’s available for preorder with the availability of TODAY? Shouldn’t it say “available now” and those who preordered it would have their orders processed today?

Comments

• I'm seeing the same thing with an order placed May 11th. Almost to the point where I'd want to cancel the order and just go with a different company/product. I understand in these very strange times that things aren't moving as smoothly as they once did, it's the inconsistent messaging that is making me second guess my original order.

I just want to know when I can actually expect to receive the product I ordered a month ago instead of being misled with availability dates that aren't being met.

• I placed an order for the same bundle here in the US on May 29 when the message was available June 12. Up until today, my order status was "in process," but today it switched to "partially processed," which I thought was good news. However, when I click on the individual items within the order (from the My Items menu,) I see everything 'available to ship' except for the steering wheel and the F1 game. The message for the steering wheel states in red font that it is not in-stock and not available for pre-order. This leads to the impression that the steering wheel is not available, but I learned on another thread that the wheel cannot be purchased separately. So either the wheel is on back-order or it's just a poorly-stated way of stating that the wheel cannot be purchased by itself. I remain hopeful, but it doesn't give much hope when I see so many others who have had their orders pushed back multiple times without explanation.

• edited June 2020

I can top that, I placed my order in mid to late April for my clubsport stuff. Got pushed back 3-4 times and it's looking like it won't ship today either.

Edit: I also got an email back from fanatec about two weeks ago saying that June 12th was still good to expect my items to be shipped on.

• You got an email back from Support?

How privileged

• Trenten BakerTrenten Baker Member
    edited June 2020

I’m currently in the same situation as you guys. I ordered my csl elite PS4 starter kit May 14th..Pre order dates kept jumping forward, and today June 12th, as stated on the website it should be available for pre order? I have gotten no emails what so ever except for the confirmation of my order after purchasing. Id like to Atleast get an email update with some kind of timeframe...Looks like my new rig will actually arrive before my wheel...Happy waiting guys!!

edit: I am on the west coast of the USA, and have seen threads of others getting their product delivered!? Fanatec please!

• Yeah, there's some posts on reddit of people ordering the same exact thing I did, but they ordered it at the beginning of the month and received it sooner.

Not sure how this is being managed but none of this is going well.

• I ordered the same ps4 stater kit and my order is still being processed with no delivery estimate. I just wish i would've spent a little more and ordered something that was in stock so i could be racing right now.

• Yeah...if I knew it was going to take this long I might have actually ordered a wheel setup piece by piece. Can’t beat the price of the starter kit tho :/

• edited June 2020

I placed my order on April 29. Available for pre order date was pushed out twice. Domenic confirmed 2 weeks ago that my items would ship on June 12th. I have not heard anything from anyone associated with Fanatec since my last message from Dom. This is crazy.

• Anyone receive an order update?

I've had the estimated availability date pushed out twice. I have gotten no response from inquiries after 12+ working days. There has been no change in my order status and the website is still showing 6/12 availability.

Making me even more concerned is that my order status doesn't even have the availability date in the status like the screenshot above.

• I don't see anything on my order other than "preorder", and zero contact or change in it's status since I placed the order May 11th.

• Same. Initial order date for me was May 22. Sent a cancellation request so we will see how many weeks that takes.

• Cancellation is usually processed the next business day. You should have your money soon also.

• My order date May 8 for the bundle. Still nada. Nothing. Zippo. This easily has to be the worst customer service I've ever encountered. Anywhere.

• Unfortunately, this entire forum is riddled with disappointment. Such a shame. My initial excitement for jumping on the sim racing bandwagon with top rated kit has turned from disappointment to anger to "I can't be arsed with it anymore". They not only hold the cards but also the cash. So we wait and wait and wait..... If we ever do receive our kit, I'll always look at it and think, "please for the love of god, don't break". I ordered a bundle in late April but cancelled it and ordered individual items ( with extra shipping costs) in early June. The wheel arrived in a few days. Still waiting on pedals and base. It's a real lottery.