How is this company still in business?

Ordered a CSL elite wheelbase for ps4/pc and an f1 esports wheel on 5/20/2020. I made sure that everything was "ready to ship" or "available" before I purchased them. After three weeks of absolutely no updates regarding my order, I check my fanatec account and all of my purchased items have an 8/11/2020 availability date. This is totally unacceptable. After cancelling my order on 6/11/2020, I check the status of these exact items I ordered on the website and they all say "ready to ship". I understand they don't say "when" it'll be ready to ship but at this price point, there needs to be way more transparency between this company and it's customers. Not to mention the absolute lack of customer service.

I fully understand there is a pandemic going on, but if a company is so quick to accept my payment, they should be able to operate fully or not at all.

Comments

• CEO made one blog post and replied to messages for one day. For a company whose probably average sale is in the thousands of dollars, it's hilarious how terrible it's customer service is. Virus or not, this is gonna hurt them in the long run.

• Because they make cool products and they know that.

It's literally their own saving grace. The CEO made a blog post saying a lot of issues they're experiencing but mentioning all of the nothing they're going to do to ensure they make it up to their consumers.

In a different blog post they even had the audacity to mention that they might "have to raise the prices of their items to meet the demand", even though they're already up 60% from last year.

So their current motto is: "Buy our stuff, or not, we literally couldn't care less."

• There's a line in the ground that divides a legitimate business from a scam pyramid scheme. It's not a fine line. And at this point, it seems this company is on the scam side of the line.

They make high-end products and distribute them to influencers and accelerate orders for people who complain in forums. Then, they take in a massive amount of orders they can't fulfill and have no plans to. It is a literal pyramid scheme.