Fanatec Driver 450 (Prev. Official Release) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• Maurice Böschen, big thank you for all your profiles. It makes life so much easier :)

But is it just me or are your settings extremely strong. So strong that it's not even close to realistic?

I can sometimes not drive half a lap, because I have to use a lot of power to steer or drive a curve.

I have a DD2 and one Formula and one Porsche wheel.

• edited April 2023

Make sure to adjust the ingame settings according to the readme files and then I dont think the settings are too strong or unrealistic.

None of my profiles exceed 15Nm of Force and according to some real life GT3 drivers the actual real life Nm is around 12-17Nm so my 15Nm settings (which is the Max Peak force in extreme Situations but usually around only 8-10Nm im corners) should be fairly realistic.

As I have never driven a real life race car I cant judge for sure if my settings really feel any realistic or not though ...😅

• New 450 not picking up my V3s as V3s but as the CSL pedals and when i go to calibrate the control panel just crashes to desktop. This is a clean brand new system and using a DD2. Never had any of these issues on my CSL DD

• I just assume that Maurice is much stornger than me :-). I tend to reduce the overall FFB strength by about 5-10 and then it feels perfect. I am using a DD2 with the Porsche rim (320 mm dia). I am using a larger diameter rim than Maurice, so in theory I shoud be turing the FFB strength up, maybe I shoud go to the gym!

• Hi,

so quick question. I have now installed the new driver 450 several times but since then my base won't be recognized anymore by my PC.

All suggestions given in the Control Panel do not work so I can't update the firmware either.

When I bought the Bundle a few weeks ago I installed driver 447 and it worked instantly.

I usually play on PS5 and we just have a very old laptop with Windows 8 on it. Could that be the problem now suddenly with the 450?

• Windows 8 is not supported, only Windows 10 and Windows 11 are supported.

So yes, thats most likely the reason why the driver does not detect the base for you.

• It happens exactly the same. Have you managed to get them working again? Thank you!!

• edited April 2023

The issue was tested intensively with a dozen of those old Legacy wheels (which dont have its own SW FW) on different bases internally now again and could not be reproduced at all. Its correctly registering one input when turning the FunkySwitch one click most of the time. Only sometimes it registers a double input and sometimes it still even completely misses the input (as those wheels dont have its own FW this also cant be further improved for those old Legacy wheels) but there was never a situation where 3-6 inputs were registered with just one click.

This indicates that its some hardware issue with your steering wheel which now shows with the latest firmware improvements and was hidden by the previous firmware issue where a lot of inputs simply got lost. But it seems that its not a general issue of the new firmware.

• It happens exactly the same. Have you managed to get them working again? Thank you!!

• "Known Issues

• The steering input jump issue was greatly improved so the issue happens a lot less than before. Full fix expected for one of the next versions.

This fix can't come too soon. I'm currently icing my thumb due this "input jump" happening in a race today.

• Small issue with 450....

CSL and WRC wheels buttons do not work in the driver wheel image.

The buttons are working, but not showing on the image. So this is a very minor issue

Pressing 2 buttons together does make something light up but not properly.

• edited April 2023

On which wheel base?

Is it working properly with driver 447?

Just tested and cant confirm, working perfectly fine for me. Sounds more like a possible hardware issue or some other issue on your PC.

• Will check. It's happening on CSL Elite PS wheel base.

I have to say I did not check on the others. Will try the DD2 and CSL DD and report back.

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

UI crashing/freezing with pedals

I've sent some people which had the issue a private message with a potential fix. Please give it a try and let me know if the issue gets solved b y it.

Write me a PM if you have the issue and did not receive a message from me yet.

• Hola....tengo el mismo problema que citan mas arriba, hace unos dias actualice a la version 450 y mis 4 volantes dejarom de funcionar, entran en un bucle de actualizacion 

• Thank you for your answer... I read the last couple of pages and thought that this was a common problem. I want to apology for my harsh language. As I already mentioned... frustration about this problem was the cause. Sorry for that and Iam in contact with Marcel Pfister now.

• Good Luck with your wheels bases. This is what happens after uploading driver 450. Pay to ship it back so it can be fixed. Then they say it can't be fixed. No explanation of what happened to it or what is broken.

What should I do now?

"Fanatec Support

12:28 AM (19 hours ago)

to meHello Ian,

Thanks for your time and patience.

The inspection of RMA/55017 is complete, unfortunately do we have to tell you, that our US service center is not able to repair the Podium Wheel Base DD1 PS4.

At the moment are also no replacement units available, but we can give you an offer for a standard Podium DD1. The offer would be 30% on the retail price for a refurbished mint unit. Otherwise, we can dispose the wheel base or have it returned under charge of shipping fee.

Please let us know, how you wish to proceed?

If I can help in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks in advance for your patience.  

Best regards / Freundliche Grüße

Sanel

(Fanatec Support Team)"

• This case should be studied to include more checks in firmware updates. Of course, what cannot happen is that a base or ring becomes unusable after an update.

For us as customers it is very difficult to understand, and for fanatec the damage is irreparable, since the customer will never come back.

• DD1 still having random input jump issues in iRacing after driver 450 install. “Full fix expected in one of the next versions” how long do we have to wait for a full fix of this problem? Out of nowhere the FFB just died for a second, sucks..

• Hey everyone,

I was on driver 448, and just updated my driver to 450. It says there is a firmware update for my wheel + wheel base which is the DD1. When I go to run the firmware upgrade the screen on the DD1 turns off and the control panel crashes. I have tried it in a different USB port. I have to unplug the power then turn it back on to restart the wheel. I would just like to upgrade to the latest firmware.

Anyone have any suggestions or shall I just leave it as it is and deal with it?

I would appreciate any feedback

Cheers

Josh

• Intermittently Podium F1 wheel v2 does not work as a result no buttons work and high torque cannot be activated

Hi Maurice and Marcel,

I bought Fanatec Podium Racing Wheel F1 back in November 2022. The ffb quality of the wheelbase has been excellent; however a torque key message and wheel being non-active have been a recurring issues that doesn’t seem to resolve even after latest driver update. After I got the wheel, the driver was initially updated to 447 and all the firmwares were accordingly updated as driver suggested. However, after 5-6 wheelbase normal start, suddenly my blue Formula F1 V2 wheel does not work and all buttons (including rotaries, shifters, clutch pedals etc) does not respond to clicking. As a result, I could not accept  high torque key message. The only way to resolve this issue was rebooting the wheelbase. However, after 5-6 normal operating behavior, the non-responsivity of my F1 wheel will again come back. 

Somewhere on the internet, I read its a Formula Wheel V2/V2.5 issue and it should resolve itself after new driver updated. Hence, I was waiting for driver 450. I recently updated to 450, however the issue still does not go away and my wheel becomes unresponsive after 5-6 starts. I have checked and I can confirm there are no bent or broken pins either that may create this issue

Here is my current driver 450 details according to Fanatec Control Panel:

Wheelbase: 3.0.1.4

Wheelbase Motor: 3.0.0.2

Steering Wheel: 46

Wireless QR: 6

Therefore, could you please advise how can I resolve this issue? Is it a Formula F1 wheel issue? Or my Podium (DD1) needs to be repaired?

• edited April 2023

You cant resolve it. It's a known issue, however still unknown why it's happening every now and then so no ETA for a fix but for sure nothing needs to be repaired.

It's a rather low prio issue though as it doesn't affect the general usability of the base because the issue only happens directly after base boot and can easily be fixed within 5 seconds by just turning the base off and on again.

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

For everyone with the UI crashing/freezing with pedals connected

Try the following:

• Copy-paste %LOCALAPPDATA%\Endor_AG_Fanatec in the File Explorer and press enter like this:
    • Copy and zip all the content of that folder and send to us. We will then test if we can reproduce it using the same files as you had.
    • Close the Control Panel UI
    • Delete all the content of %LOCALAPPDATA%\Endor_AG_Fanatec
    • Open the Control Panel UI again with the pedals connected and see if it still crashes.

• Hello,

I have a Gran Turismo DD Pro and just installed the 450 drivers.

When I go to the firmware manager and start the update, it opens the window of the "Fanatec Firmware Updated" and is like this (in the image)

already for half an hour and has the light on the On/Off Button flashing all the possible colours.

Is it normal to take so long to do the firmware update ? Or has it Hanged ?

Thank you ,

Ricardo Monteiro

• For ACC the drivers were amazing for 1.8 but for 1.9 they feel outdated and the feel of the rear tyres are not there anymore, when can we expect an update for the 1.9 version of the game.

• Update of what? The driver has nothing to do with this.

• they absolutely do, the in-game ffb hasnt changed at all. with the 1.9 update there is alot more tyre data. fanatec drivers seem to not pick up all that data and relaying it properly to the wheel. drivers literally has EVERYTHING to do with this

This discussion has been closed.