FanaLab 1.69.7 Public Release (prev. 1.69.1) - Post your Feedback here

Comments

• edited January 2023

My profiles are made with a P DD2 with a max force of 15Nm. Only the FFB value of the P DD1 can be adjusted to reach the 15Nm I have tuned my profiles for. Weaker bases like CSL DD and GT DD can not be adjusted to reach these forces or the overall feeling I had in mind for the profiles in general as they can only go up to either 8 or even just 5Nm so even with FFB set to 100 (which most should run these bases anyway all the time) it would not nearly come close to the 15Nm... And also the Damper and INT settings in those bases work / feel a bit different than on the Podium DD so my profiles would not feel as intended for these bases without substancial changes which need a lot of testing ...

So yes..can be used with a DD2 and with some changes to the FFB value also with a DD1 but not with CSL DD for example.

• So...basically, they can be used with a CSL / GT DD. There's nothing physically stopping you from loading the profiles and using them. The resulting feel, however, may not be as intended and may or may not be to your liking.

• Yes, but I personally do not recommend to use them with a CSL DD / GT DD. At least not the Tuning Menu settings... The LED settings (which are way more important to me anyway) can be used with ANY Base though.

• Hi Maurice, did Reiza happen to send you a spreadsheet with all the new carid's? If so could you please forward in onto me? it would help immensely with our effects

• Dennis GordonDennis Gordon Member
    edited January 2023

he did send me anything

• Erol DemirErol Demir Member
    edited January 2023

Went through them all I think, please let me know if you notice anything I've missed

• How to install hotfix 2? The installer says I already have 1.69 and won't proceed. I do have 1.69 installed but it's the initial version 1.69.0.0 from 19.12.22.

• You first need to uninstall the old version and then install the new version.

• Thx. This is what I wanted to avoid. Will uninstalling Fanalab wipe all my settings or they will be preserved?

• edited January 2023

Uninstalling FanaLab keeps all the settings and all the profiles. Nothing is lost at all. So I dont know why you wanted to avoid this step... I always do that with every version... It's by far the cleanest way to update to new versions, same for the driver

• I never do it with any application, unless I am forced to like in this case.

• Hello ,Fanalab doesn't load with windows, have to open manually although it's checked in the fanalab options to start with windows ;11 the auto minimise works though, any ideas? Cheers.

• Hello, thank you for your hard work you sharing with us. Can you explain a little more what should be the wheel base settings in fanalab for the cars you don't have a profile for like most of the cars in Assetto Corsa? Do you use the recommended settings for each game from fanatec or your own settings? Can you share them? I have the DD1

• You need to find good settings for those cars on your own. Maybe start with a profile I made which is in the same car class as a baseline. I personally do not use the recommended settings as I dont like most of them as they are more on the "safe" side with not so strong FFB where I want quite some force...

• Unfortunately i don't have the time, knowledge to do that for the time being. Do you mind sharing your generic settings for your wheel base for assetto corsa or any other game if you have one?

• edited January 2023

I dont have generic settings.....

I always just start with one random profile I already made and adjust from there.

• Thank you, do you know how powerful is the steering of each car you make a profile for, you have a general idea? Can i find somewhere any data regarding the steering forces of cars?

• edited January 2023

I do it just by feeling, not by data.

So there is no "easy" way to fine-tune the FFB for other cars, you will need to spent the time which I usually spent and actually drive the cars to get a decent feeling specific for every car and yes, that takes a lot of time and energy (usually 30-45 mins per car depending on the complexity of the LEDs as that's actually my Main focus on the profiles).

• ok, so I finally have Fanalab. I switched from console to PC the other day. So, now I am noob all over again. It's ok I should move up pretty quickly. What I do need help with is all this software and file saving and put this there and that there. Can someone or all please help me with this or point me to a great tutorial video. But I would also need the profile files as well.

Please and Thank You

• Rafal RazmusRafal Razmus Member
    edited January 2023

Anyone playing Automobilista 2 with Maurice's profiles? FFB is very aggressive and the wheel wants to turn left and right even when driving straight. I use DD2 with recommended settings and custom FFB config file. I tried BMW M6 GT3 and one other car, don't remember which one. Both had the same effect.

ACC and rF2 work great with Maurice's profiles.

• you sure you selected custom profile within the control>force feedback menu in the game after pasting the custom ffb file into the ams2 doc folder?

• Rafal RazmusRafal Razmus Member
    edited January 2023

Positive. I even switched back to default FFB and to custom one again to make sure the game reloads the custom FFB file.

• Did you removed the Hashtag # from the file Name?

The oscillations happen in Default and Default+ mode (and the custom file which the game creates by default as that's just a copy of the Default preset). The oscillations explicitly should NOT happen when the custom file is properly installed. I can even drive with 300 kph and turn the wheel aggressively on a straight without the wheel oscillating at all so something went wrong with the custom file install I guess.

• Yes, I removed the hashtag. The file name is exactly the same as the old one, created by the game.

I will compare content of your custom file from the ZIP to the one in the game folder. Maybe it was overwritten somehow.

• Ok, it’s embarrassing to admit but it was an user error, as always. I had some random in-game FFB settings. I was certain I followed the instructions to the letter. With correct Damping and FX settings AMS2 feels great now. Actually you saved this game for me. I was about to give up because the atrocious default FFB effects.

• Will beamng be supported someday in the future? I feel like this game should get some love and deserves a spot in the supported list.. its physics surely equals or even outperforms already supported games and it has telemetry support within the game itself! I really don't like the uninitiative and glitchy feel off third party softwares which are already able to do this. Please takes this game in consideration 😟.

• Will beamng be supported someday in the future? I feel like this game should get some love and deserves a spot in the supported list.. its physics surely equals or even outperforms already supported games and it has telemetry support within the game itself! I really don't like the uninitiative and glitchy feel off third party softwares which are already able to do this. Please takes this game in consideration 😟.

• Question regarding fanatec V3 pedals and in particular the brake force on the fanalab software.

I have recently update my fantec drivers and fanalab software with the new beta version.

I also use Maurice profiles.. May I add he is an absolute legend and the profile are bloody brilliant.

so currently i have my pedals connected directly to my pc which is separate from my dd1 wheelbase.

anyway onto my question / query..

Everytime I swap between cars my profile automatically updates everything on my wheelbase, however it does not update my brake force which I need to do manually.

Is this because my pedals are not connected to my wheelbase or have I got a different issue/ limitations. 

Any help would be appreciated thanks

• edited January 2023

Thanks for the kind words!

When pedals are connected to the PC via USB then there is no BRF setting in the Tuning Menu of the base which could be loaded. The BRF setting available in the driver for USB Pedals is only a Software based setting and not a hardware based setting which gets saved to the firmware, that's only working when pedals are connected to the base.

• Many thanks for confirming.. i thought this maybe the case i geuss I will need to connect my pedals direct to the wheelbase to benefit from great feature.

This discussion has been closed.