Clubsport V2.5 Wheel Base - Fanatec Please Give Update

Dear Fanatec,

Can you give us an update regarding the Clubsport V2.5 Wheel Base?

Order # 1079508 placed on May 13th.

Its been a month and I understand it was a pre order, but your avaiblity date for this product was 2 days so I would like to receive some kind of update at the very least since your website seems to not give any good information or order updates.

I’m sure a lot of other people would like to also know if you are delaying more the Clubsport V2.5 restock or you are getting ready to ship orders.

Thank you

Comments

• the base is made in china and its hard to manufacture due to back orders and shipping from china is even harder pm this guy he will give you answers https://forum.fanatec.com/profile/Dominic%20Brennan

• Answers like this...

"Hi Ryan,

Apologies for the delay.

I have been assured that both the base and the pedals will ship on June 12th.

Best regards,

Dom"

• And no it has not been shipped or order even processed. Ordered may 12th

• I kind of saw it coming, but jeez these people really getting on the nerves of their customers...

avaiblilty day just changed to July 24th... so basically even if you put in your order as one of the first people when they made the product available again for pre order you are still not getting it for over 2months, who knows if even then you get it.

Not sure what people are supposed to do to get anything from this website, can’t put in an order any sooner than I did for this one.

Fanatec please do not sell items you don’t have just block your items from being able to be purchased if you want to fix this issue...

• I don't even have an availability date on my pre-order on my order from May, or a response to my email about the lack of any listed availability date on my order status. Now they bump the date to "july 24th" without even an update on my order status date. Unacceptable doesn't even begin to describe it.

• Jordan KingJordan King Member
    edited June 2020

• Its all very well the CEO telling punters not to bother his beloved customer service team, its quite another when they have your money and you want your stuff. I still maintain they should shut the webshop until the backorders are cleared so that people's money isn't sitting in fanatecs account earning interest that is rightfully the buyers. There doesn't even seem to be a queue system. If they know that orders aren't going to be fulfilled on time, they should let people know rather than pushing the preorder date back even further at the 11th hour and hope we see it when we log in to check. Coronavirus, limited staff, production down. Fine. Shut up shop until supply meets demand.

• How do you know that you've been bumped to Aug 7th? The reason I ask is that I'm in the same boat as you - I pre-ordered that same wheel with the expectation that it would ship on or around June 12th. On June 12th my order status did change to "partially processed,' which did get my hopes up. I noticed on my order status screen I no longer see a 'cancel' button, which made me think that they're in the process of shipping it. If it's in fact been bumped to Aug 7th without any notification or explanation then I'm going to cancel because that's just unacceptable. This is what drives me nuts - being completely left in the dark with seemingly no help whatsoever.

• edited June 2020

I received an update from Fanatec, I hope this info helps some of you waiting for your orders:

"Hi Georgi,

Unfortunately the large consignment of orders due to ship on the 12th did not go out, there were power outages and a lot of system downtime which did not help. I am told by the sales team that these orders should be shipping either today or tomorrow.

Best regards,

Dom

[Fanatec Community Manager]"

• I hope that's true but at this point I wont hold my breathe. Expect another "power outage" when the next preorder date rolls around.

• Lol. "Due to the power outage, all orders have been deleted. Please reorder", etc...

• I placed my (U.S.) order on April 29 for the CS wheel base, V3 damper kit & the brake performance kit. Still showing "in process for me". Will try to wait another week for at least an update if not will cancel the order and just keep the Thrustmaster after all.

• I ordered CSW v2.5, V3's, Formula V2 Rim, Damper Kit and BPK on April 17th. My availability dates have been pushed back for 2 months now. Requested through Dom and the Fanatec webshop for partial shipment a couple weeks ago and haven't received anything yet. I was told June 12th my wheelbase, rim, and BPK would ship. My webshop has changed to partially processed and removed the dates from those three items. Also there is no cancel button. I'm hoping they came through and finally shipped what they said they would.

• Update to my post above. I just received shipping info from FedEx showing two incoming packages to deliver on Friday. Looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel here.

• Congrats, Hopefully the wave is rolling. My FedEx account is still showing nothing so far.

• Hi there. New customer in waiting here. Cash in my pocket's burning a hole. But after reading all this I think I'm just going to wait just a little while longer. Good luck. I'm hoping happy outcomes for you all real soon,

• Still nothing on my end, says june 12th availability and still in process. One ignored email to webshop, 2 ignored PMs to Dominic and of course no one through phone support. I just want this nightmare purchase to be complete.

• I'm getting the same treatment..

I think it's time to pull the plug on working with this company.. if I don't receive a Fedex email with tracking today (as promised by Fanatec) I'm going to cancel my order and sell all other fanatic gear I already purchased.. We can all sit here and complain, but actions speaks louder than complains. As a customer I'm not going to sit and wait like a good puppy (because its "Fanatec") listening to excuses after excuses after spending thousands of dollars and let them do whatever they want or act like this is ok to be happening... If they are getting 60% more business than last year or whatever great for them, but its not coming from my bank account anymore after this whole fiasco.. I guess nice thing is you can make some profit selling their gear in secondary market, considering I'm stuck with half of their setup.

I rather go support other companies in times like now that actually will at least reply or ship me a product. No item or company is worth this ridiculous wait times, no response, no updates on order status etc.

Sorry Fanatec, you looked very promising and I gave y'all a chance , but its just not working out between us, and its 100% you... not me lol

• Yeah if I dont get any info by the end of the day then I'm canceling, on the accuforce i go.