Clubsport V3 Pedals - How Much Physical Force is Applied??

How do I measure how much physical force I am applying to the brake pedal? And is there a log file with measurements?

I had a look in Fanalab to see if there was a measurement there, but nothing found. As the pedal is a load cell, it should be a simple readout somewhere.

The reason I would like to know is so I know if I am overloading the shear limit on 4 rubber bobbins that my seat is mounted on.

Comments

• Psql .Psql . Member

The load cell it self can register up to 90kg.

But because of the design of the pedal the force you apply would be maybe more in terms of 40kg if you would have the Brf setting at 100. If the Brf setting is lower like 50 then you only need force like 20kg.

There is to my knowledge no direct force shown, like you have on Heusinkveld software for pedals. So the only option is the guess the amount.

• Thanks. Yes, I know the LC is 90kg. Thought there might be a simple readout somewhere. I guess set up the bathroom scales and push!!

• You don't have to guess, you can easily calculate it using the lever law. It could not measure the length of the lever exactly, but it would be pretty much 45 kg without pedal attachments.