Hello, I would like to know if this happened to someone else
yesterday I turn on the DD1 base and after approximately 30 seconds it turns off. when i go to turn it back on and touch the back of the base. I feel like it's too hot. I unplug it to let it cool. Remember that it had been on for 30 seconds and could not be hot because it had not been used. I start to touch the base to see where the heat comes from. and the only thing that was hot was where the 2 orange resistors are on the back(view picture). an hour later after it cooled down. I try to turn on the base and it does not turn on. the base shows the fanatec logo on the screen for 1 second and turns off.
today 02/14. in the morning without any hope, I try again if it turns on and everything works normal as if nothing had happened... now several hours later and after having run a couple of races in iracing everything works without problems... but the fear is still there, I can't stop thinking that it could overheat again or for what reason it overheated like that.
PD: I am 100% sure that the overheating was from those 2 transistors since the heat was located only in those 2 specific areas. I know it's normal for those transistors to get hot but not the way they did yesterday. in 30 seconds and so much that it burned when touched.
You should definitely contact the support.
fanatec technical support is useless, They only know how to say one thing. "send the wheelbase to our workshop for inspection"