Suggestion to keep all of us informed.

Hi All,

I think having a post where we all share our order process and milestones of our orders will help everybody informed. Even register responses we get from Fanatec staff on order status will greatly help everybody waiting for their orders.

Proposed format of responses.

Date order placed:

Farthest availability date on your orders page:

Current status of your order:

Date order was received:

Response from Fanatec staff:

May be an online survey or google spreadsheet will be better for this purpose.

What do you guys think? Please post your suggestions.

Comments

• I agree. Especially those that ordered months ago being superceded by those who ordered last week. There are probably hundreds (if not thousands) of orders now but I feel that once an order is fulfilled, people will be too busy racing to post here. It would be good though to help build a rough picture of how Fanatec deal with orders as it seems totally random at the moment.

• I came to see if anyone had their parts ship as many things were slated for 6/12 availability.

I had a number of parts but only the base and shifter are remaining to ship:

Date order placed: 4/27

Farthest availability date on your orders page: 6/12 (t+3 days)

• Base shifted to "Preorder" no availability date, this has meant in the past the item shipped.
    • Shifter still shows "Preorder, available June 12" even today, 6/15

Date order was received: All other items (Wheel, universal hub, v3 pedals) are received.

Response from Fanatec staff: None yet, I emailed them to see if I could upgrade shipping to get it faster. It's been taking 1+ weeks from CA to Massachusetts.

• I’m retiring and moving out of state in 7 months. I hope I get my order before then 🤣

• Hahahahahahaa!

• My initial bundle order was 13th may ( though it was earlier) but due to the constant changing of pre orders, I cancelled. I then re ordered individually.

31st may - formula V2. It shipped without delay. It's now sitting on the dining table. All alone. Doing nothing. Collecting dust.

4th june - DD1 wheelbase. Doesn't show a date in my order but shows June 22nd on preorder. Not expecting it anytime soon.

4th June - V3 pedals. Shows June 26 on my order but July 10 on webshop. Don't know what that means so again not expecting it anytime soon.

• I just want to say, aside from the long wait times (which i read was there before the pandemic) the Fanatec team has been really good to work with. I am happy they have even been as available as they have been through the pandemic. It sucks waiting esp once you've spent the money but from the quality of parts I have received, it should be worth it.

• Hey Michael, just to provide a glimmer of hope, I received a message from Dom this morning stating there was a power outage on the 12th and then systems were down, so a large consignment of orders didn’t get shipped. He said sales expects those to ship either today or tomorrow. So fingers crossed we get some shipping confirmation emails.

• I must admit, when I saw the formula V2 in the flesh I did instantly think that this is in a whole other league. My old g29 has served me well (and continues to do so) for 5 years or so. I hope Fanatec kit will do the same.

• I just saw that mentioned in another thread, that's excellent news. Thanks for sharing.

• Current timeline for Ready to ship components to Canada

Date order placed: May 29

Farthest availability date on your orders page: CSL ELITE F1® SET - OFFICIALLY LICENSED FOR PS4™ - READY TO SHIP

May 30 - The order has been processed.

June 1 - USPS shipping labels created and notification email from Claudia Sysak @ Suddath Global Logistics

June 3 - Arrived at USPS in LA

June 4 - Processed at USPS in LA and in transit to final destination (Canada)

June 5 - 15 - crickets

Date order was received: not yet

Response from Fanatec staff: Confirmation of order received

I hope it gets here before the dog sled trails completely thaw.

• edited June 2020

Order #1096689

My order is still in pre-order status, but I just want a confirmation if the june 12 date will be honored or not. I know it probably won't before August, but I'll probably just cancel my order and place an order for a thrustmaster through dell.

Date order placed:

• June 1 - CSL Elite PS4 bundle + load cell
    • June 10 - Canceled original order due to suggestions, placed two orders for CSL Elite PS4 & Load Cell kit
    • June 15 - Money accepted (almost immediately june 11), order still in "The order is in process", haven't heard anything back even tried calling Endor which is a perpetual forwarding to voicemails.

• Original - June 12 (Even emailed asking to split out order, never heard back)
    • Current - August 7

Current status of your order: "The order is in process"

Response from Fanatec staff: Nada, nothing, zilch

Fanatec, stop taking orders and fulfill what is currently out there! Taking people's money (avg order is >$1000) and calling it pre-ordering is just a scam! Don't be stupid.

• Nathan I received the same email. My question though........How would you know if your particular order is that consignment of orders? Just wait for shipping confirmation emails?

• Date order placed: April 21st

Farthest availability date on your orders page: there has never been an availability date on my order page. But June 12th was the pre-order date for the csw 2.5 when I ordered.

Current status of your order: Open

Date order was received: still waiting

Response from Fanatec staff: just my confirmation email that the order was placed.

I did place a 2nd order on the 22nd of April for the csl elite load cell pedals. That order still just says "open" in my list of orders even though it was delivered on 4/28. I also never received a shipping confirmation email from Fanatec but I did get one from FedEx as I already have a FedEx account.

• Right same here,

“Unfortunately the large consignment of orders due to ship on the 12th did not go out, there were power outages and a lot of system downtime which did not help. I am told by the sales team that these orders should be shipping either today or tomorrow.

Best regards,

Dom”

• Amanda FryarAmanda Fryar Member
    edited June 2020

For those who are constantly experiencing delays like I am experiencing, I would strongly recommend sending a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission. At least for the US customers here. I sent to both and they get back to you pretty quick.

Here are the links to both:

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/la-mirada/profile/steering-system/fanatec-north-america-1216-359244

• Date order placed: May 30

Farthest availability date on your orders page: From the My Orders screen, June 12th is the availability date for the bundle. However, if I go into the My Products screen and click on the individual items, the farthest date out is now Aug 7th, which is not comforting because this wasn't the case until today.

Current status of your order: Partially-processed - but which part has been processed is anyone's guess. I suspect it's the steering wheel, since the product pages for the base and pedals state that they are available.

Date order was received: n/a

Response from Fanatec staff: I did have a question about the F1 game possibly holding up the order - they responded to that within 24-hours. On 6/12 I sent them message asking them what is meant by 'partially-processed,' but have not heard back.

They could placate most of us simply by being more responsive - just be pro-active with status changes and set realistic expectations. If the items are going to be on back-order for another eight weeks then I'd like to know because there are other options. I'd be willing to pay more money on something that's available now rather than waiting another two months. I work for a $35B company, so we're a bit large to have a 'community forum,' but I would be horrified to look on social medial and see that the tone of our clients was similar to the tone expressed by most of us on this forum.

• I guess there is no way of really knowing, just hoping for the best. I know my date on my actual orders page changed several times since I initially put my order in over a month ago. Every time it changed on site, it changed on my order. At this point, it still says 6/12 and hasn’t changed to August so I am hoping that is one sign. The other thing I am hoping is a good sign/indicator is up until today or possibly over the weekend, I have had a button on my order that gave me the option to cancel. That is now gone. It could be setup to disappear by default once passing the availability or maybe it disappears when an order is processed for shipping. I don’t know. I am just hoping these are good indicators that mine is in this batch and actually shipping. The only other thing is that about a week and a half ago I was able to get my order split on shipping and they shipped my pedals and in the email they sent me about splitting it they mentioned twice that my wheel should ship on 6/12. So I am just crossing my fingers and hoping I get something today or tomorrow. 6:00pm CST right now and nothing yet, so we shall see.

• i sure hope you see yours soon!

• Hi Amanda,

Did you post a complaint at FTC for delayed order? What response did you get if thats the case?

• Just got shipping info for what may be the base

• Does your order page show that? Or is that still showing preorder with availability date of June 12th.?

• No I just got notified through FedEx. I expect an email in the morning.

• Ordered on April 18th. My dates have changed once if I remember correctly. If nothing happens today , I’m gonna hit the cancel button!

• Date order placed:
    • May 13th
    • June 12th (Was originally June 5th at the time of the order)
    • Picked up by Fedex a few hours ago
    Date order was received:
    • ETA from Fedex is 06/22
    • Dominic Brennan (Community Manager) answered my questions very quickly and also verified my processing date with the sales team
    • I inquired about my tracking info and shipping info as I hadn't gotten anything for a few days. Sales team replied within 6 hours and a tracking number soon followed.

Overall good experience with Fanatec. Just a one week delay which is okay considering what the world is going through. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

• First order
    Date order placed:

3rd June 2020

12th June 2020

"The order is in process"

I got a message from Dominic (Fanatec Community Manager?) on 18th of June saying he will look into it. Nothing from [email protected] and I tried calling fanatec and no one answered.

TAKE TWO!

I ended up cancelling my first order on 17th June 2020 and placed separate orders of individual items that were available.

Date order placed:

17th June 2020

"Ready to ship"

"The order has been processed"

Received confirmation email saying order has been processed and cant be changed and it said the order will be shipping soon.

Misc issue: The website was having trouble on 17th June 2020 and it was very unresponsive. I managed to place an order of a steering wheel and it never went through(meaning i didnt get order confirmation email with order number and there is no record of the order in my orders page) but my bank account shows the transaction. It was initially a pending transaction and I thought that would go away , but funny enough it became a posted transaction. Tried to contact Dom and sales team about this issue, but I havent heard back yet. I have also started a dispute on my card on my side so I dont have to stress about this.

PS: A word of caution. Just because placing individual orders of ready to ship items has worked for me(well i cant say it worked until i receive the items i ordered) doesnt mean it will work for everybody.

Hope this helps in some way. Will update on my status if i see any progress.