DD1 Issue lost torque key with firmware update gone wrong

I went to do a firmware update on my dd1, I didn't have my torque key installed when I did so. I had not used my set up in over 6 months. I updated fanatec controls as well as firmware. When it was time to update my dd1 it did the flash, it reset, and then asked me to remove my wheel to calibrate. I removed wheel and clicked "ok".

It did not enter calibration. CAL was flashing, LOW TRQ was displayed. It didn't finish calibration.

I placed torque key in but nothing changed.

Fanatec controls at that time still recognized my DD1 as a device and the controls displayed fine. I selected to downgrade firmware so i could re-attempt later. So I downgraded. At that time in fanatec controls I had the option to update firmware. I left it alone after that and shut down the pc.

Today, the next day. I sat down to re-attempt forward progress. I started my pc and fanatec controls. However now there are no connected devices at all through the podium hub. Shifter and pedals are not showing as well as wheel. Wheel when powered on still flashed CAL.

After reading troubleshooting steps I powered off, and held button 10 seconds to power on to force a firmware reset. This caused the firmware prompt to come up. I went forward with it, it loaded fine. Now my DD1 is stuck on FAN full speed, no forward progress.

I sent an email to fanatec support.

Question:

- Do you need the torque key installed to do firmware updates?

-What to do to correct this issue?