Just ordered: got a strange vibe, is this normal?

Hi guys,

Just a moment ago I ordered the Podium bundle.

Now, not to whine about this brand or anything, but some things I thought were weird. And now: I'm a bit afraid I lost my money even?

I mean: you order and there is no telling how long it will take before you get your stuff. Not a big problem, but I'm pretty used to that.

Second thing is: you don't pay to Fanatec, but to "Endor AG". The brand is Fanatec, the shop is Fanatec, I pay some serious money and the name is not what I expected........

Third thing is: when you put the name and account number in place, (on my bank) there should be some checkmark coming up, telling you those "fit together"........it did not.

Ow, you got it meanwhile, but I forgot to say: I payed by banktransfer :)

I mean; those numbers is not what I usually hand out every day and this whole process, does not feel okay. You know what I mean?

So, is this the normal thing and shouldn't I worry, or the other way around?

Comments

• edited July 2023

Have you googled "Endor AG"?😅

It's the mother company which acts on the stock market and they sell products under the brand "Fanatec".

Or to directly quote from the "About Us" part of the official webshop:

"Endor, with its Headquarters in Landshut / Bavaria, was founded in 1997 by Thomas Jackermeier, who turned his hobby into his profession. As an active player of early PC games, he very quickly recognised the decisive role that input devices would play on performance, reality, and fun. During the '90s, the choice of high quality devices was very limited. Thomas decided to give up his wholesale biking store, a start-up business he had used to finance his educational degree during his time at the University of Regensburg while obtaining his Masters of Business Administration. Following his studies, he bought the company AB-Union, which was changed to Endor Ltd., which would later become Endor AG.

The developed products were never sold under the name Endor, but rather under the brand name FANATEC®, providing Endor with the flexibility needed, to be able to introduce new brands into varying markets as desired."

So everything is correct here ;)

• Thank you for getting me more "comfortable" on this! It does take the "weird taste" away a bit, don't know how to say it.

I didn't check it until just now, but I knew the bigger company could have a different name and so, that was not my main concern although.....together with all the other stuff that went pretty weird.....arhg! Strange feeling, especially for this amount of money ;)