Fanatec needs to wake up

It needs:

- A new base with more torque and a better qr (the dd1 and dd2 are dead, there's a better offering from other well known brands like simucube). what's with the qr2 by the way? We both know something is up.... :-)

- Give the option to upgrade the v3 pedal control unit to 16/24 bit, or some new pedals with a more updated control unit.

- More steering wheels, some option with display and/or rgb buttons.

- At least let us know the status of new hardware that will be available soon, as many people are opting to change ecosystem and go to other brands.

This is a humble opinion from....so far....a customer

Comments

• Fanatec is selling what they sell. I can't see you have the same argument with a car manufacturer telling them to wake up if they don't give you what you want. You either buy what they are offering or you get something else.

As far as the torque is concerned, most people merely use a fraction of what these wheel bases can produce.

• They sell what they sell...great sentence

I'm just trying to give a personal opinion, with respect, as a person who is very involved in the world of simracing, and who sees how day after day several colleagues opt for other brands that are evolving and releasing new hardware.

• 100% agree. I’m in the market for a new wheel base. I have been for awhile. I was hoping Fanatec would have came out with something by now this year. The DD1 is great if you have it, but it’s a bit outdated now for anyone looking to upgrade like myself. I have a DD Pro now which I’m selling to a friend who’s just getting into sim racing. I would really like to continue to support Fanatec but if they don’t come out with something new soon, I will likely switch to a new brand.

• Tomas HelmsTomas Helms Member
    edited July 2023

Cmon man, simcube...simcube...your paying what 4 or 5 times the amount for an entire Fanatec set up. Thats not the market Fanatec is looking at, I can only imagine what people would say if Fanatec was the price of Simcube.

First 8nm is enough for 99% of the people and remember they started this low cost direct drive revolution. Second, how many more wheel selections do you want? They have double the wheel selection of any competitor. What does simcube have, 3? and one is that hideous round wheel that looks like it has a horn.There arent many pedals on the market that are better then the club sport pedals especially for the price. Heck even there shifter can go from H pattern to sequential and even stiffness can be adjusted.

I have been as critical as anyone about their customer service but you just sound like you have an ax to grind.

• edited August 2023

totally agree!

I just bought my complete Fanatec equipment at the beginning of the year and i'm already thinking about changing the brand although I love Fanatec but I would like to have illuminated buttons in a GT3 Wheel without having to spend 1500, - € for it! My friend thought the same and has chosen another brand that offers really cool Wheels starting by 300,- €, a better version by for 499,- € and a F1 Version with a huge Display for 689,- €. Come on Fanatec, wake up! I would also pay 20% more for a higher quality Fanatec wheel but it can't be that €1500 is the only option...

For us it does not count who has the most wheels but which wheels are the most fun! And here Fanatec is unfortunately very very conservative on the road and gives no prospect of newer products. I want to stay with Fanatec and my buddy actually wanted also to buy Fanatec but the entry and mid-range steering wheels seem unfortunately completely outdated. I hope Fanatec has heard the bang and finally wakes up.