"Afraid" of driver/software and firmware installation.

Hi guys,

Having a lot of trouble in the past (mainly VGA) with drivers and me being (probably) autistic in this way, I wanted to do this stuff right, but I have no clue how.

I looked up the manual, seen video's and it all seems straight forward: plug-in the usb and power and power up your pc. But then: Windows (10) will start installing its own drivers right away, before I can even click on the drivers I downloaded, right? (Because that's what happens all the time with stuff I hook up)

A friend of mine told me to "start with the firmware-updates", but for what I've seen: that can (only?) be done from within the drivers? Or the software?

Now as I'm kind of autistic to this as I mentioned, if I mess up, I am someone who just reïnstalls Windows......and I really don't want to do that.

Today I got the Podium DD1 with the V2.5X and the advanced paddle set. I have been afraid to start installing: please tell me how you guys did it? Where to start, what to do first, what to download upfront (drivers? Firmware?) and if I need that "Fanalab" too?

Thank you very much in advance!

Comments

• it is not a problem if windows installs its driver, as soon as you install the Fanatec driver, the windows driver is no longer used.

• Awesome, thank you Robert!