Smoke from CSL DD wheelbase.

Just received the CSL DD Ready2Race bundle for PC (8Nm) today.

Installed it on the sim setup. Connected the wheel and the paddle that come with the bundle. The Windows 11 was recently installed, so not much software on it. I went on Fanatec website, downloaded the driver, rebooted Windows 11, it recognized the wheel, and I prompted to install the firmware update. then reboot the windows. There were no error during the whole process.

After that the Fanatec control app was no longer able to find the wheel. I saw the power light was off, so pressed it to turn it on, it went red for few seconds then went out. I did that several times. Then I went onto the Fanatec website to look for solution, it tell me to try hold the power button for 10 seconds. I did that and then I saw smoke came out of the top of the wheelbase. After that the wheel no longer turns on. Plug the power cord on and off didn't help either. Something must have burned inside. This is very disappointing as this is my first driving wheel set up. I had high expectation from Fanatec. and I waited several weeks for the bundle to ship to Canada. No sure if there's any help other then contacting support and wait for them to ship a replacement wheelbase.

Pin

Comments