QR2

So, I know this has been very discussed with no answers, but, I would aprecciate to know if there is at least a target time frame for the release of such QR... and if its not going to be yet another pre release with months of waiting for something as simple as a QR and the typical and usual delays ... basically like a small statement regarding the status of this..planned for , abandoned, etc ... not asking for info on a top secret product that may need the surprise factor but a simple QR that indeed is quick and stable as the name suggests :)

Tx

Lino

PS: Really dislike the pre order trend that seems to be the new norm everywhere ...

Comments

• When a hypothetical product is discussed for so long and does not come out for years, you cannot count on it being released.

I am fully aware of the slippage problem of QR-Lite, as I experience it with 2 wheels that I own.

What is the problem with the QR-1 product?

• Well, it was designed for belt driven wheels so it needs tricks to keep it tight ,like the huge golden nut on the podium wheels ( my case ) and its not ... quick , to a point that having 3 wheels and i really dont feel like switching between them... 1st world problems i know :) wanted just to have an idea if/when will it be released.. thats all.

• They've actually already sold a bunch of them "technically" So it has to release eventually...

I agree the current DD1 is not very "Quick" but i usually am know if i'm going to drive GT or road cars etc. So it doesn't really bother me to tighten the nut. It's more of an authenticity feature to me. And if you're using the CSL or GT Pro that giant nut is not there. Though a bit of rattle from the spring in the QR1 is a bit more common on them.

My only concern about the nut is if I forget to tighten it :o

• I've put a 19mm ID x 1mm thick rubber O-ring on my CSL DD's shaft in order to stop the rattling. It's working great so far. I can only imagine what the Podium owners have go through with the rubber ring and the locking nut. If I am not mistaken, a DD1 owner's wheel got stuck to the rubber ring, and they had a hell of a time getting it separated from the QR shaft. I hope that was just a one-off problem.

• This is becoming a running joke for youtubers and clients alike... not sure what's so hard to say forget it lads or give some kind of estimation. 3 years for a QR is kinda ridiculous ...