Wheel Buttons, Shifts, & Force Feedback Randomly Stop Working (Steering not affected)

I've been digging through various topics to find a solution to this, but without success.

I'm on PC and running the following:

CSL Elite Wheel Base + - officially licensed for PS4™

ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® 2018

ClubSport Pedals V3

Driver 451

i9-9900k / RTX 2080 Ti / Z390 Motherboard / HP Reverb G1 VR

iRacing with irFFB (no vjoy)

Per title, my problem is that I am periodically having moments when my buttons, shifter paddles, and force feedback cut out all at once. Steering remains unaffected, and no impact to pedals either. This is the only wheel I use, so I'm almost never removing it, and the chances of anything being damaged are practically zero.

The chances of this happening seem to increase the longer I race, and this culminated with the problem worsening during an official iRacing race last week, where it seemed constant, and I had to pull over, take of my VR headset, dismount and remount my wheel to solve it. Since then, I updated my drivers to the most recent, but the problem persists. I also connected my wheel base to a different USB port, but have had the issue since.

I haven't raced any other sims for a while, so I'm unsure if this is specific to iRacing, but I do believe I've had this problem for years, so I'd lean toward this not being sim specific.

I've seen a lot of possible causes listed, like it being related to USB overload due to VR, a USB issue with Z390, it doesn't mount tightly, so a piece of electrical tape is added, drivers, USB ports, and probably many more I'm forgetting. What I haven't yet seen is a definitive cause and fix. Any thing new on this that I might have overlooked? Has there ever been any official word from Fanatec on this issue?

Thanks!

Comments