BMW M4 GT3 Owners, EOW has come and gone...

Anyone receive any updates? I never even got to First email, silence.

I work in Manufacturing/Fulfillment, for decades now with IT, I UNDERSTAND logistics can be a challenge.

Communication to the customers were always at then utmost importance and would stop any projects to get something out to customers, through emails mostly, website redirects to a newsletter, and/or even yes...phone calls.

Poor Job Fanatec...

Comments

• I did recieve the "we expect you to receive updates on the status of your shipment by next week at the latest." email.

I have not seen any new communications.

• Thanks Joel,

Many of us, myself included, did not receive the original email. I've already surrendered to the fact that I'm not receiving anything from Fanatec until it's good for them to do so, and pre-ordered the QR2 (not Pro). I received the Pro bundle Monday, but can't use until I have at least to wheel side QR2s because I use two wheels daily.

Shame how we have been treated on all this. All of the M4 owners should have been sent their paid for product before made public for sales...

• edited October 2023

I have got the e-mail - but NOTHING so far..... an now it is "next week latest"....... NEVER PROMISS ANYTHING YOU COULD NOT REALIZE!!!! AND ALSO NOW THE QR2 PRO and the QR 2 BASESIDE are SOLD OUT!!!!

• There are so many variable that have caused this issue, non of them good, and most if not all, probably not forgivable in my mind. They needed enough product to make a sales quota, including “included upgrade” with the DD1 and DD2 sales. So…logically, use all available product for sales. As for the already purchased “included with upgrade” M4 owners? “Fanatec: ‘F’ Those People”

• I have still not received any information regarding my QR2 "included" with my $1500 purchase of my BWM M4 GT3 Wheel, has anyone else?

I do see the QR2 Pro wheel side is back in stock. Anyone get an update on this?

• Me neither. Honestly I was expecting to receive something early today but seems it’s not going to happen anytime soon.

• I don't think we'll be receiving anything without being informed first.

We will first receive an email telling us that they will send us our parcel.

And I expect the parcel to include the QR2 pro AND the replacement USB cable for firmware updates, given the obsolescence of the current one once the QR2 is assembled.

• At the very least I was hoping to hear something on what's going on, guess not. Nice :(

• Week for me to, I have the bundle, but can’t install because I use two wheels daily. I’m a sucker so ordered the QR2 Standard for Oct 20 availability, I absolutely have no faith we will be getting what is ours anytime soon.

If something doesn’t change, I will probably be selling all my gear and looking for another vendor. Fanatec has burned my bridge.

• I am close to do so. Completely unexpected this kind of behavior for something we have paid for over 1 year.

If you add to this the difference in support I'm getting with another brand like Simucube, which is literally instantaneous it really makes me wonder if in 2023 Fanatec is still the option to choose.

For me as an end customer it makes absolutely no difference to me whether the company is large or small, high volume or low volume. I compare the service/experience I get. I know it's not fair and you can't expect the same kind of support from a company that sells 10 apples to one that sells 1 million apples but at the end of the day all I want is that if I have a problem with an order they will fix it quickly (as used to happen with Fanatec in the past). Before at least you had the phone number available and you knew that even if there were only a few hours a day of phone support they would take care of you (incredibly well I must say). Now not even that... 

I've been with Fanatec for more than 1 decade and it gives me a terrible pity to observe the decline of a brand that I consider as "being at home" when I talk about simracing.

• Will there even be a Fanatec come 2024? Not if they keep exploiting their customers. They seem very cash strapped right now focusing on new revenue and ignoring old.

• Still no news. Seriously worst launch ever.

• Did you get the original newsletter? I did not. However, those that did are starting to see the QR2 showing up in their product list. Might check that, I don't have anything there either, but some are seeing this now.

• I've also included it in my list of products since today. It is associated with an order number.

This means that shipment is imminent.

• I also see it listed under my products with the date of purchase being Oct 11, 2023.

• I hate you guys, lol...just kidding. Nothing for me.

• I have receive the QR2 release newsletter 10 minutes ago. I have checked my orders and there is nothing in there.

Maybe because we have complained here and in social media we are going to be the last ones. Because I can not believe I was not one of the very first users to buy the M4 GT3. I am reaching the point of no return.

• The order will maybe not appear in the "orders" section of your fanatec account.

With the problems of sending tracking number associations, it is also possible that we are not informed of the shipment.

I advise you to use the order number indicated on the "my products" page if it appears and to use it as the "reference number" on the UPS tracking page after clicking on "Track by Reference Number".

If the label has been created or UPS has collected your package, you will have partially hidden information, but with an estimate of the delivery day.

• I too received the QR2 release new letter, nothing updated on orders or product list. Miguel, I believe we're in the same situation. We are not on some list and will probably be waiting awhile. Absolutely no help from Fanatec.

• Guillaume, nothing here, I am getting new orders no issues, i.e. I had to order the base side and I have it plus another wheel side I had to purchase...Fanatec sure was able to take my money no problems, just can't fulfill a year-old back order.

• That's it!

I received the email from Fanatec telling me that the parcel was going to be dispatched and the QR2 pro appears in the order section with the words "FOR FREE". I think the shipment will actually be effective around 17/18 with the delay on the orders.

As for the update cable, I don't know if it will be included in the shipment, but it's now mentioned on the M4 steering wheel page:

"QR2 update cable (coming soon, sent separately)". (Thanks Maurice for the info)

• edited October 2023

I guess that I and some others are the unlucky ones, it seems those of us that received no initial email are also the ones not receiving this email as well...nothing happening on my end :( Now over $8,000 spent for my Fanatec products since 2015

@Maurice Can you find out anything for us? Support is not answering tickets.

• I don't know if this plays into the expedition hierarchy, but I placed an order for the M4 wheel the day it came out.

In my opinion, it's just a matter of time before you receive the same email. 

• If that was the case, FIFO fulfillment, all us M4 owners should have them in our greedy little hands by now :)

It's about cash flow, and their very poor communication department.

• Just received mine today...feels like "your experience may vary" really applies to Fanatec's customer service and logistic...

• @Herman Shek the free M4 wheel? Did you get the new cable with it?

• Good news!

Really late yesterday night I received the email about the QR2 Pro order being shipped so AFAIK it might be hitting home next week.

Have you receive it too? Hope you have. 🙏🏻

Even if I get the QR2 Pro I am really unsatisfied with the release plus the communication. Hope they do some retro at the end of the process and improve from here.

• So sorry Steve. I really hope they sort it out for you ASAP.