UK / Switzerland Returned to Sender: Who do we contact?

Fanatec told those of us who had their stuff sent back due to a lack of export documents that we need to contact them to say if we still want the stuff we ordered.

Okay, good that they give us a choice I guess, but Fanatec has a bunch of different forms and an email address and stuff. Which line of communication are we meant to use to confirm/cancel our orders?

Comments

• I use the contact form on their website. It's a lottery on if you get a reply, and you could be waiting up to 2 weeks to get one. Sometimes I get a reply in a day or 2, sometimes never.

As soon as I saw my parcel get returned to sender (Monday last week), I submitted the form right away asking what I should do. 10 minutes later, I got a response from them for an form submission that I sent 2 weeks prior which asked them where my parcel was. In that reply they said it had been Returned and asked if I wanted a refund or a for them to still send it back out.

I replied to that email and said I still wanted them to ship it, and they replied 2 days later saying they're sorry and that they would 'immediately' re-ship it via express delivery - and now they're not replying again. I've checked UPS and only the original returned order exists for parcels coming to my address, so they haven't sent it back out yet. I've sent 2 emails chasing since (one on the contact form and one replying to their email) with no reply so far.

Best of luck to you!

• Vous aviez un numéro de suivis?

Car pour moi, je ne sais pas ou en ai ma commande. Je n'ai pas de numéro de suivis depuis bientôt un mois.

Je ne sais pas si ma commande est chez fanatec ou si elle est chez ups.

Est fanatec ne répond pas au mail.

• Find your tracking number by looking at your order on a Desktop Computer (not a mobile device) and looking next to your Order number. If there is nothing there, try going on to UPS tracking and choosing Track by Reference Number - enter your order number, your country and your postal code and search - if there are any results that is your order. If still nothing, then Fanatec likely have not sent it yet.

• Simon MaltbySimon Maltby Member
    edited October 2023

So I had loads of boxes shipped Monday and Yesterday - It seems Group7 AG who Fanatec are using are quite incompetent as nearly half the boxes have or are being returned to Hamburg.

So they still have not sorted this out. One was a box that was returned to them and then sent out again only to be returned again.

Fanatec, why did you employ these clowns. They honestly do not know what they are doing.

EDIT: these are to Business in UK

• Bloody clown show, both packages in my QR2 bundle are showing as delivered to Hamburg, great but I'm in the UK. UPS here are suggesting it's due to missing paperwork, absolutely fuming. They're quick to take our money, shame the rest of the service isn't as efficient.

Contacted support, how many days will that take to get a response...

• I have contacted them two weeks ago when my shipment returned to the BS warehouse, No answers since..

I hope you will have more luck

I am now at a staggering 32 Business days without the delivery of my order !!!! Switzerland

• edited October 2023

So my order was returned to Fanatec with many other orders on 02/10. I sent multiple emails to ask to have it reshipped.

They emailed me today to say that i rejected the package from UPS and it has now been returned to them and that they will issue a refund.

How could i reject something that never left Germany? Joke.

• Honestly I think this is what they want to do. It feels like they just want to be done with the returned and/or late orders and it's easier to just issue a refund than track the package down to have it reshipped.

• I bloody wish they'd issue me a refund, it's what I asked them to do ages ago!

• I have the same problem as you, my order delivered to Hamburg and speaking to UPS its because of no paper work needed for international shipment. utter joke! so annoyed with them, take our money and just think sod off to customer support etc. never again will I order from them.

• mark dinsdalemark dinsdale Member
    edited October 2023

im probs going to make a claim aswell cos this is a joke

• You should do it, as it takes a few weeks to complete the process, that's what Visa told me.

Also, you have 30 days to open a dispute from the date Visa issued you the invoice. Not the fanatec invoice.

• "I received an email after 11 days of filing my claim, informing me that my order is finally on its way. On the same day, I checked the tracking number and received this message:

'UPS initiated contact with the sender to obtain clearance information. Once received, UPS will submit for clearance. / The package will be returned to the sender.'

The situation has remained the same for the past three days. I wrote another complaint to Fanatec, but there has been no response yet. This will definitely be the last time I purchase Fanatec products. If my Podium DD becomes defective, I will replace the entire system."

• It's outrageous that they have the same problems around a month and a half after all this started.