DO NOT BUY - orders not being processed

Hi all,

Just some friendly advice, do not place any orders with the EU centre as currently no orders are being processed, customer (including myself) are waiting weeks if not months and nothing from Fanatec, no replies to emails, phone system never answers or just a message saying to call back....

Either buy another eco-system like Moza or just wait until this works out.... I think its the QR1 is totally out of stock and this is causing problems, but its the lack of communication from the company that is not good, it is making them look like criminals or that there is a massive problem with the company (as in they might not be trading)...

Comments

• Same situation, this looks like a scam and the best option is to choose moza instead of this lottery with no answers

• Also guys, who payed threw PayPal or card try to contact your bank or PayPal to make a dispute with fanatec and to try to charge the money back from them.

• Its not a scam - its warehouse issues, explained in detail here: https://fanatec.com/eu-en/faq/details/id/196

Disputes via Paypal is not helpful and just delays the process further.

• It’s a scam, they don’t answer to any email or phone call and they said until 5 business days not months and I can’t take my money back. This is clearly a robbery or a scam.

• edited October 2023

Read the FAQ. Its not a scam.

Current respond times are 14+ days.

• normal Companies respond to their customers and try to solve the problem if not they give a money back but fanatec just take the money, lies about shipping and ignore all of us.

• I just want my money back to buy from a normal company like moza.

• They dont ignore you. The CEO himself explained the situation and that they are aware and hard at work to fix the current shipping and communication issues.

Just have some patience.

• if I knew before buying about this I wouldn’t buy from fanatec, they said “ until 5 business days” they passed. I pay 100 eur for delivery which is a lot and I need to have patience ?

• it does not matter how much you paid, everyone is in the same situation atm, so yes, you need to have patience either way.

• I know that everyone is in the same situation and a normal company gives an option of money back.

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited October 2023

they not delivery if one item is missing at warehouse, that is usually one cause off delay as well

• I know that they don’t deliver but they give the option and charge for delivery. Also I don’t need to care about missing items, I bought it when it was available and waited 5 business days, now it 14th and nothing changed in this case adequate companies give a money back but not ignoring and look like scammers in front of us.

• It is actually a scam if you prevent customers from canceling the purchase before it is shipped, through the fully shipped status on your site.

You should give customers the option to cancel the order until it is shipped.

This procedure seems irregular, maybe they should correct it, they had over a month.

• I don't mind waiting if it really is stock/logistics issues but its the lack of communications is the BIG let down. Even if they have hundreds of customers waiting like me, a simple (not automated) email explaining the problem is all it takes, like 30 secs per customer.... Is that too much to ask?

• edited October 2023

I don't think QR1's have anything to do with it at all to be honest. They have moved to UPS from what I gather and clearly just don't have a clue how to work with that logistics partner to get everything right.

There is no shame admitting that, coming out with a full statement on the matter, freezing orders for maybe a week or two until you rectify something and then maybe offer the customers that have been affected some sort of discount, partial refund and then do an offer for 5% off for anyone who might have wanted to order but couldn't because of the freeze.

It's not difficult, it just seems very much "we have your money now, so you have to deal with it" kind of attitude. I have paid shipping fees on my order but the tracking is complicated as it's split into two tracking numbers but linked together, fees paid, one 'on the way' the other 'returned' and then another part of the tracking screen shows as 'on the way' for both.... why not just put it all in one box, one tracking number, one shipment.

Just some helpful hints on how to actually run a business, I don't run one, but even I know this all makes perfect sense!

• They always worked with UPS.

They moved to a different warehouse.

• Ahhh okay, thanks for the information. I presumed it was a new courier, so the new warehouse don't seem to know what they are doing or have the right system/procedures in place.

• I ordered some QR2's on September 26th. UPS delivered to my door today. Norway, outside EU.

So goods are delivered, it just takes some time :)

• Happy for you Torstein :)

Though, I am still waiting since 29th August. Switzerland, also out of EU. I just wonder how they 'managing' their backlog? Seems to be a lottery.

They have communicate of issues to ship to UK/Switzerland, but why they are not dealing with their orders in FIFO ? FirstIn/FirstOut. That will remain a mystery...

• I also ordered a QR2 bundle on the 26th, from the UK, UPS tracking tells me they've been delivered - to Hamburg! Think you got lucky with yours.

• I ordered on the 8th of September. Returned to sender 2nd of October. Finally fully delivered yesterday, October 13th. UK. No communication from Fanatec. I emailed a number of times and opened a PayPal dispute to which they did not respond.

Only saw that it was on the way after checking my order number in ups tracking alongside my postcode and country.

• Update from me, I have paid import fees of over £140 for a parcel that never arrived in the UK, so UPS are now having to refund me so that when Fanatec do decide to ship again I can pay the import fees all over again.... it's getting really farcical for me.

• Ordered 15th September. Dispatched 25th returned to them 27th. Since then nothing. No email reply, not answering phone. No acknowledgement that they have accepted it back. Needed it for a birthday party on the 22nd October. Not happy 😒

• Bought on 3rd October and stuck on label created since 9th. Also ordered as a birthday present for 22nd October.

This items stated it shipped within 4-7 days, why is it not leaving the warehouse to be picked up by UPS?

• The way things are going, you aren't getting that parcel by the 22nd. I just feel stuck with the PS5 compatibility as no other wheel at this price point does it.

Otherwise I would let my PayPal dispute get my money back and order the Moza instead.

• I looked at monza aswell but I'm also on ps5. I just wondering if to give up and get the thrustmaster 300 gt rs instead and save money and stress

• Personally I wouldn't get the Thurstmaster, it's not Direct Drive and you won't get the same experience. If another company had made a DD wheel at this price point, compatible with PS5 then I would be off to buy it right now.

• Brad is correct about this, by default Belt Drive vs DD is like day and night,

i to own thrustmaster Belt Drive aswell,

when comes very sensitive games with steering you feel right away how bad it is

• Still the same in April 2024.

If you cannot fix it in 6 months maybe it would be better not to accept new orders.