VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH FANATEC SERVICE

Dear all,

I would like to briefly tell you about my last experience with Fanatec.

I am a happy owner of a DD pro, pedals, and GT wheel (around 1.000€), I am so happy that I decided to upgrade my hardware to a Podium DD2 and V2.5 wheel (+2.000€).

I paid the items, that were in stock, on the 1st of October, today is the 13th, and still haven't received the items or the tracking number. They claim on their web that they are experiencing delays of up to 5 days before sending tracking numbers, now is over 13 days and nothing so far.

I called to their published telephone number which is only open from 14h to 16h, and a voicemail says that they are too busy to attend calls and that you should communicate via email.

After I wrote an email, explaining the situation and enquiring about my order, I received an automatic answer saying that the answer may take up to 14 business days!

I don't know what you think, but I think that is NOT how you treat a customer who has spent over 3.000€ within one year on superfluous old boy toys.

Before buying something from them, be advised that you will need good nerves and patience.

Best regards and happy races!

Miguel

Comments

• I would suggest disputing with your payment provider, whether that is PayPal or bank cards. Then re-order when they resolve this situation. More and more people are commenting on the forums as the days go by, just shows how many people are unhappy at this stage.

• With paypal it is possible, with normal card provider it is very complex. Honestly, I believe at some point they will deliver the items, they are a German company so I believe it is not scam, and the thing is that I really want their hardware. So I will have a bit more patience, of course I am very upset and is very unfair this way of treating customers.

It is more about leaving my frustration in their official forum...

Regards,

Miguel

• As we speak, the status has been updated, as if they would have somebody reading this forum... XDD

Anyway, it is not a great step forward. They uploaded the tracking number but UPS says only that the label was created, at least is something...

Best regards and good luck to all, I will keep you posted so you can use it to calculate the expected delay.

Miguel

• Yea its definitely not a scam. Anyone that suggests it's a scam is obviously being a bit dramatic. It's a legitimate company with a history of providing quality products to people.

These shipping issued will get rectified. Its just very frustrating for people. I initially ordered on the 28th, label created and it ended up back at fanatec due to issues with documentation. Then it updated yesterday for me to pay import fees which I have done and now no further updates.

Also I have two tracking numbers which show different things and it just adds to the problems.

I just want my items as soon as possible and the frustration is there as a result. For me it's over 2 weeks now.

Fingers crossed something happens with it next week.

• in my case is shipping to Spain, so no customs necessary... I guess it decreases the complexity a bit. The label was created on the 5th of October and purchased on the 1st. Since the label was created (8 days ago) nothing happened in UPS. A bit weird, but okay. Let's see. There is some light at the end of the tunnel.

I am sure is not a scam, obviously. But the way they are dealing with it now is really far from the standard they should aim for as the successful company they indeed are.

regards,

Miguel

• Fanatec get away with it due to their current place in the equipment price/quality economy system, but as soon as another company provides a similarly balanced product line Fanatec will be dead in the water. The service currently is abysmal. Awful comms, the worst of any company I've purchased from in a very long time. I've been waiting 7 weeks. Coming up on 2 months. 2 months!

• They are destroying themselves... To the delight of their competitors. Never have I seen a company at the height of its success do so much bullshit, which will lead to its definitive decline.