Mysterious oscillation DD1 only on PS4
A few months ago I acquired a 2nd hand DD1. It worked fine and after updating it to the latest drivers 4.51 and FW I used it without issue for three months. However, last week I suddenly encountered very strange behavior which I haven't been able to resolve.
The issue is that the wheel experiences very heavy oscillation, jolts even under normal use. It's as if the wheelbase overcompensates or enlarges normal FFB behavior like centering and road bumps. I have added a video to show what I mean.
Some data on the situation:
- I play on a PS4 Pro.
- The issue is most pronounced in AC, but also happens to a smaller degree in ACC, GT7 and GT Sport so it is definitly not a game issue.
- It does NOT manifest itself if I hook up my DD1 to my laptop and try it with AC on that. Super smooth FFB like what I was used to.
- I am not sure what triggered the effect but I think it did start after a wheel change. I use a Formula V2.5 and a CS Universal Hub V2 wheel. Both experience the same issue now when I switch them out.
I played around with all the settings on my wheel base of course. My standard settings are:
SHO : 70
MPS : AUTO
Now the key thing here, changing these around does not seem to affect the issue, it just hides it. What I mean is that, for instance, increasing NDP to 50 lessens the force of the jolts due to the dampening but it is still there. SImilarly, increasing NFR, NIN and INT puts a dampening effect on the wheel but I can still feel the oscillations and jolts. Decreasing FEI and FOR obviously decreases FFB as a whole which makes it less pronounced but still there.
Other things I have tried which didn't help:
- Different profiles, just in case I missed a setting. All of them, including AUTO, experience the issue.
- Downgrading the firmware, I went to V691/V42 but this did not make a difference at all.
- Different USB ports on the PS4 and different USB cable.
- I tried another PS4 with AC on it!
- Turning off BT on the PS4
- Unplugging my CS V3 pedals
At this point I'm not sure anymore what to try. Perhaps anybody else has a good idea :)