Question about CSL DD with QR2 base side

Just received delivery for my CSL DD and was under the impression that it would come installed with the new QR2 base side but I received the older version.

was supposed to receive 7 packages from UPS but only received 6.

can anyone confirm if the CSL DD should come pre installed with the QR2 base side or does it come in a separate box?

am I right in thinking this is another cock up by fanatec?

picture of what I received - doesn’t make sense to me!!

Comments

• No Base other than the upcoming CS DD is coming with QR2 pre-installed.

Every other base for now still comes with QR1 pre-installed and when you Ordered a QR2 Base-Side Type-C shaft then it comes separately and you need to exchange the QR on your own.

• Update: I just checked UPS website and can see only 6 out of 7 packages have been delivered which begs the question, where is the last one? All 7 were scheduled to be delivered today.

still don’t understand why I’ve got the silver aluminium base installed though when I ordered the upgrade or is it normal to come with both?

• ok thanks for clarifying that. Still seems weird to me, so effectively i'll have the QR1 base side that i'll never use. seems like a waste, surely its easier for fanatec to install the new one?? would certainly minimize wastage...

• edited October 2023

It is not easier for Fanatec to change the QR on thousands of Bases sitting in the warehouse, no.

It would be a massive amount of work to open every package, detach the QR1 and attach new QR2 to then package everything again. There is even the risk that the unit somehow gets damaged during this step or a customer sees some fingerprints or whatever and doesn't accept the base as "new" anymore.

At some point the QR2 will be pre-installed on every base but not for old stock for the aforementioned reason.

• makes perfect sense. Just a little bit confusing for me i guess, especially when the QR2 doesn't arrive with my overall delivery