WRC 23 thoughts?

Just had a first go at the and was hopeful with all the promotions from rally drivers etc that this might be the rally game everyone wants to play using their racing rigs.

Physics - 2/5 car just floats and worse than wrc 10 and wrc generation in my opinion. Turning point on the car feel like it’s closer to the front axis than it is to the rear like it should be in reality.

FFB - 3/5 maybe improved from wrc generations but still nowhere near the detail expected from uneven variable surfaces that you get accross rally stages. Definitely not great deal of information coming through the wheel.

Graphics 2.5/5 - for a next gen realease the graphics look extremely poor. Ray tracing is hardly evident.

Sounds - 3/5 improved from previous WRC titles but still leave a lot to be desired.

All in all another moneymaker arcady racing title. At this pace Richard Burns rally is never getting dethroned lol.

I doubt any specific settings are going to make this overly enjoyable as it seems to be another rushed title as you would expect from EA catering to controller arcade gamers across all age groups.

Comments

• I've been enjoying it quite a lot, actually. Feels similar to DR2.0, with longer and more detailed stages. Career mode seems fun so far, I can see myself putting a lot of time into it. Only thing I don't particularly like is that I don't seem to be able to use the funkyswitch or buttons on my wheel to navigate menus - it all has to be done with m+kb. But...other than that, no real complaints. To each his own, I guess. 🤷‍♂️

• Too much stuttering, has anyone noticed?

I have an AMD 6750.

Otherwise I like how the car feels, even though I've only tried the dirt road.

• edited October 2023

My Fanatec CSL DD seems to cracking and falling apart with this game

I don1t undesrtand but i get to HATE my Fanatec wheel and all the Fanatec stuff like the primtive Fanalab where i cant add the new game

So ridicoulus bad software in general

• Maybe you're keeping the FFB too high. In game Self-Aligning Torque should be set between 50 and 65.

Above 65 you will only have clipping and rattling. You can lower FEI to any value between 0 and 70, it makes FFB softer and cleaner, you can use more force and you will have less shaking.

But if you have QR1-Lite, in combination with P1 v2 or WRC, it will always seem like it's about to break. It's plastic, what could you expect? Nobody gives you a free meal, this is the price difference between Fanatec, Moza and Simagic. CSL DD is a good base, it has 5 or 8 Nm of torque, perhaps a little too much for a QR and a plastic steering wheel.

• Is it a good idea to equip my CSL DD steering wheel P1 v2 with an 8Nm adapter + a QR2 ?