Order now or...

Currently I am about to get some new stuff, at least a 4th wheel for my DD1 and maybe the shifter.

I have been reading a lot about shipping issues for Fanatec so I wonder if I should order now to make sure I order my stuff before all the Christmas orders are starting to come in or do I wait for a potential Black Friday offer?

Comments

• Where are you?

North America: Go for it, most orders seem to get delivered quickly.

EU: You might be fine, but it may take longer than you're used to. Small chance it'll get lost/not sent but most seem to arrive within 3 weeks.

Non-EU Europe (ie, UK or Switzerland): Big risk. Many orders do get delivered in an acceptable amount of time, but it seems a majority get lost/stuck in administration errors like being returned to sender at customs. A LOT of people hav been waiting between 3-10 weeks.

The real risk is that if something does go wrong, then communications are at near 0. You won't be able to reach out to them for updates, refunds, questions, claims - anything. If you are lucky enough to get a reply, it'll be 2-3 weeks after you sent it, and it may be an unhelpful replay that you need them to clarify, which would take another 2-3 weeks to reply to.. And so the cycle repeats.

I would advise anyone to not order at the moment, but if you are 100% fine with the potential of waiting 2-3 months or more, then go ahead. But you could also be fine.. Sorry for the vagueness.

• I ordered some QR2's at launch, delivered in around two weeks.

Ordered another QR2 and the Rally module when the latter was released. Expected availability for the QR2 is Nov 9th, so I'm hoping for shipping around that date.

Norway, so outside EU, but UPS sends invoice for customs expenses after delivery, so less chance of returns due to customs.

So I have placed orders regardless of the problems.

• Torstein did you receive?? been thinking about getting something from fanatec but idk yet. im from norway

• edited November 2023

No, order is still processing… But pre-orders are always a bit unpredictable, so I’m not worried :)

I’ve never had any problems or big delays when ordering in-stock items.

• Just an update on my last post, my order changed to 'Completely shipped' today, so the process is slow these days (I placed my order on 30 Oct), but it all works out in the end :)