Pedals V3 (not inverted) annoying "squeaking" at the brake

Hello everyone, 

I bought the V3 pedals on Black Friday and received them today. I'm actually very satisfied, if it weren't for the fact that my brakes make annoying noises. This is 100% down to the lubricating oil. I'm really desperate at the moment because I've tried everything. A lot of oil, a lot of oil, less oil and almost no oil. Nevertheless, the brake bubbles when I apply it because the air has to get out. When the brake is released, the resulting vacuum has to be compensated. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get rid of this?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Tae YooTae Yoo Member
    edited December 2023

Hi Jonas, I'm guessing you're using default PU foams(2) setup for your V3 (not brake performance kit).

It sounds like the PU foam is saturated with lithium grease, you may have put too much on it. All you need is Very-Very light coat of lithium for PU foam(almost none). V3 red elastomer chamber, there's a small hole on the bottom and air gap between the metal shaft, so I don't believe it's a vacuum issue. I think your PU foam is way too saturated with lubricant at this point.

My suggestion would be:

1) take the PU foams out

2) clean the red chamber of any grease

3) squeeze vertically PU foam with shop towel to remove saturated grease within PU foams

4) reassemble with PU foams back in without lithium grease

5) apply thin lithium grease on the metal brake shaft(still need grease here)

6) use the brake for few days then repeat above step once or twice

Put some paper towel under the V3 pedal while you do this.... if you're hearing squishy sound, then you're probably getting small splashes of lubricating oil on the floor or around the V3 pedal every time you use your brake. Put carboard box under it and you'll see what I mean.

Hope it works, good luck!

• Hello Yae,

it sounds very plausible. Thank you very much. I will try it out