Purchase Advice For New Setup GT7

Hi

I am looking to Purchase a Fanatec setup but need advice before purchase i currently own a PC and a PS4 i run my PS4 Through my Capture Card (elgato HD ) to record gameplay on my monitor and to play the game with a gamepad and works great connected to my PC Via USB.

My Question is can i purchase any fanatec wheel base,steering wheel ,pedals compatible with PC to play Gran Turismo or do i need the DD Pro Setup for the PS4 feature but bear in mind the PS4 Video runs through my PC via HDMI.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks.

Comments

• Hi Si, you'll need "PS" PlayStation compatible Fanatec device for GT7. Your Fanatec wheel base assembly (base+steering wheel+pedal+shifter) would be connected to PS4/5 using a SINGLE USB cable from the wheel base assembly.

As noted below, look for "PS" symbol for PlayStation compatibility if you're planning to play Gran Turismo

(below, left device CSL DD is PC & XBox compatible, while right DD Pro is PC & PlayStation compatible).

So your current choices for GT are: 1) DD Pro, or 2) CSL DD+ (new 15nm). There used to be special PS Podium + Formula2 wheel in the past, but I think it discontinued.

Good luck!

• . Thomas. Thomas Member
    edited December 2023

thanks for your reply you mentioned i have 2 options but looking at option 1 it does not have a PS PlayStation compatible Fanatec device as i was looking at the CSL DD MCLAREN BUNDLE FOR XBOX & PC below as i also want the option to play forza motorsport assetto corsa etc thanks.

• Tae YooTae Yoo Member
    edited December 2023

So CSL DD will NOT work directly with PlayStation, because the wheel base(CSL DD) is not compatible. You'll need DD Pro wheel base, then can use McLaren V2 wheel with DD Pro on PlayStation / GT. Unfortunately, DD Pro / DD+ are more expensive because of PlayStation license.

• So basically if i get the dd pro wheel base i can use CSL Elite McLaren GT3 V2 wheel with any pedals ?

• Tae YooTae Yoo Member
    edited December 2023

Basically yes. DD Pro is PS compatible wheel base, so it will work with PS. McLaren V2 is also PS compatible, so it will also work with PS together with DD Pro. And far as I know all currently offered Fanatec pedals work with DD Pro (I think generally all Fanatec pedals work on all Fanatec wheel bases).

I have DD Pro (8nm) + McLaren V2 wheel + CSP V3 pedals and I play Gran Turismo on PS.

Edit: I'm fairly sure you can use DD Pro + McLaren V2 setup on Xbox as well, since McLaren V2 wheel is XBox compatible

Edit: here's better explanation for you :-)

• many thanks for the advice it's really appreciated and FYI i watched that video this morning 😂 cheers 👍️