CLUBSPORT DD- or CLUBSPORT DDmini

I wonder I wonder.

what are the plans of Fanatec in the future with the production and release on the market of new bases with an integrated QR2 system.

since the sub-10nm segment is quite popular, it would be interesting if Fanatec made a base with, say 9nm and if it cost €499.95.

in this way, they would sweep the competition and take over that part of the market with new motor technology in the base.

let them choose the base name themselves. I personally like CSDDmini. 😊

Comments

• edited December 2023

What? :D

They have a quite clear strategy with the three product lines where they already cover the market below 10 Nm with the CSL DD and GT DD Pro, available in both 5 and 8 Nm. It is no secret that both will be swapped to QR2 at some point in the future, that does not need new bases like a CS DD mini...

No need to cover 9 Nm as well when they have 12 Nm as the next step. You cant cover every step in-between, then you would need to make 25 different bases.....

• zeko zekanzeko zekan Member
    edited December 2023

you don't read.

I said with new motor technology and QR2 integrated system.

not CSL DD which is outdated and rickety. because even when you put QR2 on CSL DD, everything still moves.

so it is necessary to create a high-quality, strong base in that segment below 10nm.

and the CSL segment should be left as it is for now, but in the future we will have to work on that as well.

so there are three segments.

CSL, CS and Podium.

I am speaking for the CS segment to strengthen with another 9nm base.

one day to make a completely new CSL system with an integrated QR2, solid shaft and new motor technology with say 4nm and 7nm. in this way, you cover the entire market with favorable available prices, completely knocking out Logitech and others from the competition in that low range.

• edited December 2023

Why do you think the CSL DD is outdated and rickety?

It is basically the same motor as used in the CS DD, just smaller.......

The QR system is also easily swappable and no secret that both bases at some point in the future of course will be changed to QR2 by default.

As explained, there is no need for a new Base, especially not for a new CS Base as CS represents the midtier range which usually starts above 10 Nm. For the segment below 10 Nm the CSL line is the way to go.

• why?

so if that motor was so well made, then Fanatec would continue on that platform.

and if you don't know, educate yourself a bit, you have a nice explanation on YouTube channels about the moving and that csl dd has a problem, it's not solid. so you need a solid shaft that goes directly from the engine to QR2. as CSDD now has.

anyway, why are you talking like this?

what are you doing here? you are not Fanatec personnel as far as I know, at least you said so yourself. or you work for them but don't want to say.

who are you to tell me what I think and who are you to know what Fanatec intends to do in the future?

unless you are the chief and responsible engineer, director at Fanatec, then you know the plan and program of Fanatec future.

• Come on man a litle respect for what maurice is doing here on te platform, he is helping all of us a lot!!

• they are expressions of opinion. get involved in the given topic or you don't have to pretend to be a lawyer

• CSL DD don't have same motor like CLUBSPORT DD, this magnet placement how they use now, should make CLUBSPORT DD better as it makes less cap between empty places

• Jack PickettJack Pickett Member
    edited December 2023

Trolling aside,

A carbon fiber shaft was definitely a mistake on the CSL DD. Carbon fiber OK for covers like on the DD2, but not where its going to get pushing/pulling and twisting.

Perhaps a CSL DD V2 will come with a proper METAL shaft.

• CSL DD is not suitable for everyone, specialty those rambo guys who can lift 100 kg , those guys better choose would be DD1/DD2 as those have much more Nm

• "Trolling aside" was not directed to you Allan or Maurice or Remco. I agree, I have a Podium DD1 (not a Rambo though) and will be getting a CS DD with a QR1 adapter for my older wheels after everything settles down and is more mature.

I'm a ClubSport and above customer, don't have any CSL equipment. Just agreeing with OP about the engineering mistake of the carbon fiber shaft on the CSL DD.

• exactly. someone who pretends to be a Fanatec expert should know that.

good thesis. if it was real carbon fiber it wouldn't be so bad, but what's bad is that you have to insert something, tighten it with a clamp and that it holds the vibrations and forces? not really.

that's exactly what needs to be done in that csl segment to make it a solid metal shaft.

so you also gained a lot of strength in the gym, that's why you ordered one of the premium bases. 😁