A new cooked One

After ordered a full set Up Fanatec on 24 November 2023

CSL DD 8NM, Fleeying Wheel WRC, Pedals Elite V2, Shifter Clubsport 1.5 SQ and the usb Adaptator

waited almost two weeks to have the tracking Number to finally get the order on 08/12/2023. I thought all was done then.

But after installation on my chair and made the connection. I downloaded the Fanatec control panel to update firmwares and set the Wheel base but just after some minutes the CSL DD Overheated, smell burn and switch off every two minutes. Finally after some identical try i finally sent ticket to Support on 09/12/2023, on this day 12/12/2023 i didn't have answer from support and no confirmation about my request to support too.

To conclude i paid almost 900 euros to have broken stuff, it doesn't work and i'm always waiting they contact me to resolve this problem. It was my first buy on Fanatec, how describe what i Feel ? Get our order is a thing, Get Working stuff is other cause if you have problem you need to contact support and then...

Comments

• seems like this burnout continues and nothing changes

• Some says is Mosfet Transistor others the Boost pack, i don't know the reason, what i know is that product is brand new worked some minutes and burned.

• its, from Mosfet transistor as far i know, it not shut off when its needed and start heat device

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited December 2023

what it start todo when its not shut off is this at image

• Excuse me i'm french i didn't understood what you said so to you it's not the Transistor so?

• not really matters, you device is kaput and needs a repair

• edited December 2023

Of course, the only way possible is to remplace it by a new one, the questions are will they do it and when? With Christmas and new year eve i'm won't drive before long time !

• It's written over two weeks to get answer about a brand New Faulty Product paid and broken OVER TWO WEEKS !!!!!!!

• edited December 2023

After 3 days without answer and no mail confirmation if my request to support was registered or not i decided to make new one and this time it's worked. Shortly after i received 2 mails from Fanatec telling me someone will care about it under 7 days.

So if you need to contact support you have to insist til it work or til receive email otherwise your request won't exist.

• This afternoon (2 days after) i received answer from Support on 2 mails asking me a lot of questions about circomstances of problem and a second mail with the RMA. Now need to pack all, print the RMA and go on Post Office.

• Same happened to mine just after receiving it, repaired n all been good since.

• Luckily to you! I find just excessive to recover repaired one when it's just new. Ok i didn't paid full price but to me it should be remplaced with new one and sent After OK test. Hope just not have other problems when i will receive it, some have issues to be recognized in some games like AC, ACC, Forza ect.. and currently i won't play during long weeks time to repair and too cause no shipping til 07 January. Finally at Christmas i've nothing to put under the tree and we are many. Honestly it's the worst buy i made since many years! It will hard to make me change of point of view about this society in the end.

• Some news, after checked my account i saw a new order was created on 29/12 the statut is " Order in process" So as Fanatec is in inventoring and don't ship anything til 10/01 i think i have to wait again some weeks. Hope all will ok this time. Otherwise i made new order to replace the QR1 Lite furnished by QR1. I know this one isn't perfect but i think it's always better than lite model. In the same Time QR2 is very expensive to get on CSL DD so i made compromise...

• Tracking Number received this afternoon, i should get my DD back from RMA on 15/01/2024. The only problem this day i'm not at home and currently i can't change the shipping date on website til UPS came at home this day as explained. So i will have to get it somewhere in UPS Access point like the last QR1 i bought or ask reshipping an other day... Hope all will ok this time, it's really tiring.

• I received a new one from Rma Process today the result is this time less than 4 HOURS !!! And IT BURNED AGAIN , no burning odor but switching off himself after some mns like the old one. Fanatec is this really serious?

• After sent ticket to support i got the 7th day (Today) this morning mails from Fanatec with usual questions about incident and other one with RMA. Now i have to pack all again and go to post office like last time.