Fanatec as a company

I purchased over 1200.00 worth of merchandise because everything was in stock and ready to ship on 11/24/23. 11/27 got that magic email its at the warehouse then completely shipped. Still waiting.

Paid full price for all except maybe 125.00. I've been waiting for a tracking number since 11/27. this is for my 9yr old son who gave me a list for Christmas. his list 79.00 stand up sim from walmart, 248.00 wheel and pedals from target. all in stock and ready to pick up. But dad looked up other models and came across Fanatec. since everything was in stock I'll spend the extra. Bought a simulator from Dardoo and all the stuff from Fanatec. Sim was here in 5 days. but I should of read the forum and the BBB site about Fanatec first. The problems with faulty parts and bad customer service having to wait weeks for an email response. this just doesn't sound good. waiting weeks to months to get your orders, almost sounds like a pyramid scheme using peoples money to make parts for earlier customers. should not have to wait this long to get your orders. This is just my opinion.

Thanks

Comments

• If you’re prepared to wait then you and your so will be happy with the product you get.

I can sympathise with your situation but in the long run it’ll be much better than what your son originally wanted.

it really is your call, if your son has other presents to unwrap then I’d suggest hanging tight. But get the situation you’re in is a tough one with Xmas being so close.

• lmao debatable, I'm seeing so many reports of broken/lemon products arriving in peoples hands. Missing power cords, wheels not working, bases not working. if you even get your shipment that's only the first half of the fanatec lottery done.

• May I ask what you’re doing on this forum then? Do you usually hang out in forums of companies you despise? Seems like an odd thing to do. Life’s too short.

• gareth fowlergareth fowler Member
    edited December 2023

I can only really speak for myself Liam but i expect most of us are here in the hope Fanatec address those of us who have genuine concerns over the location of either the item the ordered or the refund they are due?.

It does seem that they are rather busy though, im sure they are glad that you are here to keep things civil and welcoming and smooth things over with your wonderful chipper attiude 😶

• Yep but fanatec has openly and honestly said multiple times that they are dealing with a massive backlog in terms of replying to people on email. They’ve asked multiple times for people to be patient, they’ve even included FAQs in the order confirmation email.

and what do people do? They ignore that advice and email 4/5 times in a single week, no wonder it’s taking ages to get through all of the emails.

not trying to big myself up, but if people were a lot more patient we’d all benefit more in the long run. People are cancelling orders left right and centre, this is only adding to the issues. People need to start acting like adults, general feeling I’m getting from a lot of people is they are very immature, impulsive, entitled and impatient. Maybe it because I’m not in my 20’s I can take things in my stride, but c’mon people. Get a grip.

• Liam, Im waiting on day 91 for my order 1785251!!!! Am I not allowed to send them a mail or text my frustration ? People dont need to «Get a grip», Fanatec does!!g

• Damn, you say you are not in your 20's but it seems you did not learn anything in those years. People who paid for their products and did not receive them in the time that Fanacr*p told them, should ask for reimbursement. It's because people like you who look just at themselves companies like this can get away with situations like this.

This is not normal for a company, the fact that they took your money in an instant and did not ship the products for more than 10 days (like they said) is not normal. I do not care that is BF or other bullshit excuses, it 2023, not 1950, you are not fast with your orders, RMA and customer satisfaction you have no right to be in business. They knew BF will come, they knew what their stock is, is not like all of this came like a surprise. From my point of view I hope this is a big blow to this company and hope that all goes down from here. You make mistakes you have to pay for them, easy.

Stop kissing their a** because you received your order, it's not normal to wait 10 days for some products you have in stock, and if they don't have them in stock just let the customers know.

FYI, I've never ever waited this long and without additional information about the order, regardless what I ordered or the supplier, no matter when it was ordered BF, regular days, or other promotion campaigns. Other suppliers always communicate and if the delivery time is extended they give you some voucher for the wait. So no, don't tell people to have patience, when some of them are waiting for more that a month for an order, and Fanacr*p doesn't even have the decency to send some updates to those who are way past the promised delivery date.

• if you're not happy go shop somewhere else. its quite simple. everyone knows there is issues with fanatec distribution atm, if you decide to buy something in this current climate then you have to be willing to take the rough with the smooth, and in a worse case scenario that could mean waiting an extended period for your items to arrive.

you can moan all you like, but that is the situation. you either put up or shut up.

• Liam GannonLiam Gannon Member
    edited December 2023

😉

• My guy, i've been a fanatec customer since 2012. I've had 2 wheels, a pedal set and a shifter die on me. I've been following these black friday orders since they started and almost daily there's reports of people getting bad products and qc issues. Especially the DD line. Broken jacks on the rear, makes metallic noise when it's spinning, shuts off then a "burning smell", power supplies dying etc. Their QC is not good and needs to be improved. Some of these issues should have been picked up even before leaving the factory which tells me they're not testing each product individually, or if they do have issues the workers aren't caring and just throwing it in a box anyways. Their shipping practices are also outdated in 2023, which I'm less worried about because they addressed this in their shareholder meeting and said they'll be using amazon for distribution in the future hopefully.

I am allowed to have valid criticism as someone invested in their ecosystem, because that's the only way things improve. Fanatec makes good products which is why I'm here. But playing a shipping lottery, followed immediately by a QC lottery is not good for consumers. As someone who has experience with dead fanatec products, I am extremely anxious my dd1 might come broken, not working or stop working in a months time. and yeah warranty exists, but I just read yesterday about one guy that waited 2 months for his order, got it, it broke in a week, then took another 3 months to get a replacement. 5 months to get a working product is insane. Alot of people are jumping ship to asetec, moza, simagic, simcube etc. sim racing has been picking up rapidly in the last few years with lots of new companies joining. And if Fanatec wants to keep up and not get left behind they need to make improvements.

• Fair enough man. Not gonna try and debate you as I think you have some very valid reasons. But from my point of view, I’ve had 4 very recent orders and each of them arrived fairly quickly. I don’t believe I’m extremely lucky, maybe run of the mill - but people who experience bad service are always way more likely to air their views than people who are happy. This in my opinion tends to change the online perception of fanatec. But anyway, hope your issues, if any, are sorted soon