Fanatec products not detected in AC and Acc

Fanatec products not detected in AC and Acc and other racing games!

Its detected on Fanatec Control Panel.

It all happened after latest driver update.

Im on pc , csl dd, mclaren wheel with latest firmware.

I've tried reinstalling driver, rolling back driver, disabling steam input, changed usb ports, changing pcmode, comp mode, but still not detected in - game. Please help!

Comments

• Is it detected in other games? Has it worked previously in AC/ACC?

• none of the games are detecting my fanatec products...

It was working flawlessly untill latest 454 update

• If it's 454 that's causing the issue then surely a driver rollback would fix it - but you say that's not the case. Are there any other variables that may have affected it?

Is it detected in Fanalab btw? I struggle to see how no game is detecting it but it is detected in Fanatec Control Panel.

Have you added any other peripherals that may be causing conflict? Try removing every USB aside from the wheel and see if it works

• Have you tried reconfiguring the steering wheel from scratch in the games? It is possible that after updating the driver or more likely the firmware, Windows has changed the IDs of the USB devices.

• yes it is detecting my devices in fanatec control panel and fanalab, and tried rollback but no luck. I will try removing every usbs thanks!

• reconfiguring can't be done since every games can't detect my devices.... thanks

• MadDog-ICMadDog-IC Member
    edited December 2023

1) Is your device showing up in "Windows -> Control Panel -> Devices and Printers" ???

2a) If you can see your Fanatec Device, right mouse click on it and choose the "Game Controller Settings menu", In the "Advanced menu", select the first most top version of the two Fanatec devices as the default device, then go to the properties page and then test the Fanatec device to see if all buttons and axis work as expected.

2b) If you can't see your Fanatec Device, then there's your problem, most likely drivers haven't installed correctly and need a repair.

If you installed with a antivirus running, it may have interfered with the correct installation.

Would also pay to check in "Windows -> Control Panel -> Device Manager -> HID Interface Devices -> HID Compliant Game Controllers" to see if all relevant components for the Fanatec device are present and marked as running correctly, no yellow exclamation marks showing a fault / disabled.

3) Test in games if Fanatec device is working.

4) Would pay to know which Fanatec devices you are running and their Hardware and FirmWare revisions they are currently at, as you can have a miss match between Fanatec driver and the motor FW / Base FW, etc.

5) Use the "Fanatec drivers Page -> Logs -> Collect LOG Files -> xxxxxxxxx.zip", and upload to post here as it may give some clues to failures with Fanatec software install, I am no expert at this though.

• edited December 2023

Sadly no... My fanatec devices not showing up on windows.

everything is up to date also driver. Driver rollback and repair didn't help.

I gotta make fanatec devices show up on windows, any suggestions? thanks. Do you think reinstalling windows will help?

• MadDog-ICMadDog-IC Member
    edited December 2023

I can't see to much wrong in logs, but I am new to this part, check this video and see if it applies, shaft has slipped out a little and needs reseating, also have you tried the Fanatec Config, Driver Repair.

Reloading windows would be a last resort, I would check the windows device manager page for HID devices and find all hid gaming devices with a (PID of 0004 and VID of 0eb7) that is for you CS DD in their descriptions / Hardware ID menu, is there any at all, none or some that look disabled, go from there.

ie: HID Game controller drivers in device manager for my DD1 (PID 0006 and VID 0eb7) relevent data marked with green marks.

This relates to an the same error in your logs with assetto corsa.

Could also be a corrupt or missing version of the Microsoft DirectX 9,12 and Visual C++ version, you don't necessarily need all of these, unless you have a lot of games that require them as I do.

• MadDog-IC14 Dec 2023

Seems in the FwFanatecSetup.log shows that windows could not install or uninstall any of the relevant registery entries, etc to enable the Fanatec device.

Youngsik Joung Member December 15

Just wanted to tell you that i fixed the problem.

I fixed my problem with a different USB port, I also reinstalled windows.

Thanks for everything