CS DD weird noise// like coils whine

Hey guys,

i´m from germany. i have recieved my CS DD Wheelbase. I did not know if the coils whine was before the firmware update.

My Wheelbase sounds like coils whine after i put it on. At the moment the Wheelbase is on Driver 454 with the Firmware.

Did anyone else have the same issue or ist is maybe a broken Wheelbase?

Comments

• edited December 2023

That's a known hardware issue of some bases.

Contact the support to get the base repaired / exchanged.

• zeko zekanzeko zekan Member
    edited December 2023

this is the 4th or 5th that I've followed so far that they have this problem.

omg Fanatec!

• thx mate.

oh dear i think that means another 3-4 weeks without a wheelbase. Hopefully they make a 1:1 change via ups like Microsoft.

Thanks for your fast answer.

• One more!

• Hatte das gleiche Problem... Kontakt mit Support ca. 1 Woche und dann mit einsenden und Rücksendung auch ca. 1 Woche. Wird repariert ;) meine funktioniert nun wie sie soll...

• It makes me a little bit scare, just pre-ordered the DD+......, Does Fanatec located the issue? and ensure it will not happen to the more expensive model DD+?

• gut zu hören. Da ich näher an den Feiertagen bin, gehe ich mal davon aus, dass es sich nicht so schnell lösen lässt. Zudem wurde erstmal ganz gemäß Standard nach nem Video gefragt. Was auch immer das bringen soll. Das habe ich nun aber erstmal zurückgeschickt.

• it all tells you how the new DD experiment is and all of you who bought that shit are in big trouble because Fanatec is not worthy to make equipment that will work properly anymore.

so far there are already many with the same problem.

shame!

• I think have the same issue…Fanatec give me a replace DD for my previous broken base (problem with QR2 on the base) and works fine but there is a little rumor when it works from the base…I have no words to describe this moment.

• I totally believe how you feel. that's why I hope that many will give up on this FanaSCAM company and buy something smarter in life than to suffer with their garbage of products.

• I don't know why, but somehow it seems to me that all that defective equipment that people get, comes from various events that Fanatec organizes with its partners, where the so-called esports drivers go wild on that equipment. and then fanatec sends it to the people of radomize, used in this way, and that's how recently more and more "new" bases are not suitable.

• edited December 2023

This is completely Fake News.

"new" means "new", it was never used on any event before. Please dont spread such mis-information when you have zero evidence.

• The base works great but it’s not possible that a company like Fanatec doesn’t have a great quality control. The base cost 699 euro (when I purchased the base), now 799 euro. The product must be perfect.

• you don't read again. how I love you who think they are smart but really aren't.

read!

I quote;

"I don't know why, but somehow it seems to me..."

pretending and claiming are not the same. but under the veil of secrecy of all the events of the past month and more days, I have the right to have all kinds of thoughts come to my mind.

and? what?

it's my right to have doubts when someone is screwing me, keep my money.

and you better be smarter or rather keep quiet.

you employee of a fraudulent company.

• yes, you're right. that's why they raised the price by 100e. quite justified.

😂

• zeko can you stop talking in this behaviour.. i have done this discussion cause i didn´t know why the base hase some "coil whine" sounds. Even some YT Reviewers have this "issue". Its bad, cause i think with a little more quality management this didn´t get out to customers.

BUT the Base works fine. there is no breaking issue instead. its more a weirdo sound when the base does nothing.. And even more.. Fanatec allows you an RMA to fix the issue. (For me it takes along 1 Week to geht the papers to send it back). Cause of christmas i didn´t set it back right now and wait a little bit..

Thx for the fast answer @Maurice

• the main thing is that you are happy, my friend

• Some hadn't problems with Fanatec they are just lucky. Otherwise this don't change anything those have problems, Hope just this customers will have the opportunity to take advantage of what they bought it should be logic in the end.

• Hey guys finally i can say. Problem solved. It tooks a while and i have done 2 RMA´s instead i get a new Base and there ist no problem at all. Even the Firmware Update process works well.

• Good, have fun with your new base then. Me i always waiting the return at home of second RMA .