Fanatec Driver 455 Release for CSL, CS and Podium (all wheels)

Comments

• edited January 19

No. Windows 7 is not officially supported by drivers anymore since Microsoft stopped to support it in January 2020. There wont be any issue investigation for any Windows 7 or Windows 8 related issues.

• Microsoft does not support Win7, but this is a Fanatec issue, not Windows. The only offcial doc I have from Fanatec is the manual and it says "Windows PC", not "Win10 or higher PC". Is there any officlal doc with systems requiremtns in PC?

In any case, I have run a lot of tries and my guess is that there is a problem with fanatec driver not being detected as a trusted driver.

• W7 is not supported (and it is EOL).

• edited January 20

It might be a Fanatec issue specific to Windows 7 but as I said the support for Windows 7 stopped 4 years ago and therefore there wont be any issue investigation for Windows 7 related issues. It is time to move on to upgrade to an OS which is actually supported by Microsoft, let alone for safety reasons...

• This and you can get a Windows 10/11 key for $10-20 online.

• Because still issue with my CS DD and CS F1 Wheel eSports V2:

It's funny, the F1 steering wheel is only recognized when I reinstall the QR

firmware again. If I then put the steering wheel on it, the display lights up

and is recognized immediately. But as QR version it shows

0.0.0.0 (and that's the only way it works). Even if I restart the Fanatec app

it stays that way. I can then also drive with Sims and it is recognized.

When I switch off the base it is over again and it is then no longer recognized

whether I leave it plugged in or power on it later. Before, it was enough to restart the base without the steering wheel and then plug in the steering wheel, but that no longer works anymore. Now the QR firmware has to be reinstalled every time and

the base has to stay on all day.

• I used driver 455 with my new clubsport dd. The first update was Perfect : all firmware update correctly. But 2 days later, when i start my CS DD, I've got the message : " Wheel Base is currently in UPDATE MODE. Firmware update will now be made in order for the Wheel base to work properly". So, i click OK, and i have to wait 45 seconds... after that, the wheel make his calibration and all is right.

I must doing that everytimes i start my wheel base.... Is it a driver problem or a wheel base problem ???

Can i hope waiting the next driver to resolve that ?

Thanks you !

• I used driver 455 with my new clubsport dd. The first update was Perfect : all firmware update correctly. But 2 days later, when i start my CS DD, I've got the message : " Wheel Base is currently in UPDATE MODE. Firmware update will now be made in order for the Wheel base to work properly". So, i click OK, and i have to wait 45 seconds... after that, the wheel make his calibration and all is right.

I must doing that everytimes i start my wheel base.... Is it a driver problem or a wheel base problem ???

Can i hope waiting the next driver to resolve that ?

Thanks you !

• I've got the same problem with the update mode. I had several mails with the support. nothing helped. I had to send the WB back für repair.

If you play on XBOX, you habe to downgrade to driver 454. 455 causes problems with xbox. in the forum I read a post from maurice böschen who confirmed that and he says that the next firmware would fix it. is it very unlucky, that fanatec don't publish any warnings to xbox players concerning the damaged firmware 455!

• Hi

Is there a limit on how much older driver (and it's fw versions) you can install eg. 451 on?

I have 415 now, can I install 451 on it directly or do I have to install some previous version in between them?

• Hey, im using CS DD + CS Formula 2.5x + QR2 Pro

PC Driver 455

Base 2.0.1.4

Wheel 47

QR 1.0.0.3

Issue: After an hour of driving or even earlyer on iRacing the Rev Lights + LCD Screen gets frozen and i have to turn the base of or unplug the wheel to get it fixed. FFB still works perfectly fine. Even if i close iRacing the wheellights are still stuck.

Thank you

• This is a known issue of the CS DD and currently under investigation with the highest prio.

No ETA for a fix yet though.

• So I have to explain to my son that his coveted Christmas gift on December 21st and expected until January 10th paid immediately 600 euros due to an update (certified on the page of the official Fanatec website) which has put his wheel out of order and will not be able to use until a real cause of the problem is found? It seems absurd to me.

This is not possible. among other things, talking to you you tell me that the problem is not software when you then tell me that the problem is known. Thus offloading the responsibilities to the assistance which from what I see should also be assistance to the programmers of the forum.

It is unacceptable for such a company that advertises its certified products to release software that damages the products. And that after 10 days of waiting you have to send the product back to the office and then wait another 30 days for another device that could have the same defect. and I wouldn't be the first, there are an infinite number of people who have the same unacceptable defect on the part of Fanatec, which is unacceptable for selling products like this.

We are the public for whom the company exists and how we pay immediately I want assistance immediately. If you are not able to manage a large paying clientele, it is better before selling to take a training course for people who only want pay to have fun with your product like trustmaster logitech does, companies that even if they have plastic products even the LEDs on the display work without much effort.

• edited January 23

No. You dont have to explain to your son that his coveted Christmas gift on December 21st and expected until January 10th paid immediately 600 euros due to an update (certified on the page of the official Fanatec website) has put his wheel out of order.

Apparently it was "damaged" with the default software out of the box already, not by the driver 455 update (which is btw mandatory for the CS DD as older drivers dont properly support it as its a new product).

This known issue, with which the bases seem to have been shipped with, just was not fixed in the meantime and is still under investigation with the most critical prio. However, I dont want to lie to you that a fix is incoming soon, therefore I just told you the truth that there is no ETA yet when a fix will be released.

• I personally paid for this product and I don't have to justify myself to my son nor to the fanatec company.

and the company that has to justify and assist me on a defective new product sold with defective software.

The base ran for 10 days until the required program update 455.

So as far as I'm concerned it worked.

And I don't care if they delivered base with or without problems.

I don't want justification I want solution.

• edited January 23

Ok. For the solution of freezing steering wheels you will have to wait a bit more though because, as I said, there is no ETA when a fix for this issue will be ready, however it is under investigation with, as I also said several times, the most critical prio so it should not take too long to provide a fix.

• For me, however, it doesn't count as an answer from a programmer!!!!.

At this moment my thoughts are that I have been scammed and that I have spent my money badly.

By investing in a not very serious company with immense problems, from products to distribution.

Who is worrying about a Sony chip when he has countless people who have his defective and non-working product.

I doubt that in the Play Station audience there are as many people capable of upgrading and downgrading as easily as the PC and Xbox audience.

And I doubt that Sony Play Station will let its name drop for a product that is not very accessible and not very functional.

I think fanatec should first look at its own home instead of thinking about defrauding another customer or losing the few it has.

After 10 days of forums on the yoytube and twtch web I only saw problems with the name fanatec.

Competition like moza is already burning the tape. and soon at least from me, fanatec will no longer have 1 euro.

All this is not acceptable.

Maurizio.. if we don't buy fanatec it doesn't exist, the customer makes you and fanatec exist.

• Hi Maurice,

About the problem of the WB always in Update mod at starting (i have explained on the 20th january..), do you think it's better waiting for the next driver 456 or asking fanatec a RMA ?

Thanks you for your answer.

• That doesn't sound like a Software issue so yes, you should better contact the support.

• Thanks you for your answer !

• I also have the Problem of: a Youtube rcalling it a "Coil Whine" like a high frequent noise when i turn on the base. is there anything i can do by my self to fix this? i know its not software related.

• No. Coil Whine is a hardware issue and you can not fix it on your own.

• If i leave it like that is it in long time sight over the years bad for the base and can it lead to damage? Or is it just a beauty failure.

• I have been having nothing but problems with 455 since it's installation (GT DD PRO 8Nm). My wheelbase has had constant micro clipping (feels like creaking). The micro clipping escalates into full on loss of FFB and finally results in shutting off. I have been chasing possible usb connectivity solutions but i realize that none of that has made any difference.

• Hi Maurice, in case this got missed a few pages back, I experienced a loss of steering wheel button function with driver 455, DD1, M4 GT3 wheel. It happened twice on this driver so I went back to 454 and rolled back the DD1 base firmware and I haven't had the issue since.

Basically no buttons would work on the steering wheel at a random point during a race, but the button lights stayed on and the wheelbase worked as normal. On the first time, it came back to life after 30secs after button bashing but on the second time i couldn't bring it back without a wheelbase restart.

I just wanted to share again in case this is another symptom of the issue with 455.

• Reproducing the error shouldn't be a problem.

Have you found the cause yet?

And how close are you to a solution?

Thanks

• edited January 25

I can only repeat myself: The root cause was not found yet, therefore there is no ETA yet for when to expect a solution for this issue.

• Of course, this is just a repetition of your statement, but on the other hand, if you really work hard on the problem, you can expect a breakthrough every day. People are just excited and want a solution, that's not a criticism!

Does it affect every user with an F1 wheel or just a small proportion?

This discussion has been closed.