Fanatec Driver 455 Release for CSL, CS and Podium (all wheels)

Comments

• I have 2 stupid questions i think but i have to ask.. I play with my Fanatic gear on a Xbox series X only, so I don't need to update or install new Drivers wright.. i only have to update all my Firmware when i connect to a pc ? (or do i need new Drivers to update my Firmware correctly) ?

2nd question, is it true that when you connect your Xbox series to WiFi that the lights on your steering wheel will work in some games (rev. light, speedometer and gears) and when connected with a cable it won't at all ? Or is it like i know that Microsoft and Developers doesn't support it or can not support it for console yet..

I have not tested it because i have a 'open' wired internet connection and that was really hard to get on my series x and when i switch to WiFi i loose all my settings for my wired connection and have to re do it all again and hope for a open connection.

• Just for info, because earlier somebody said that all CS DD bricked after upgrading to the latest driver and firmware version.

It isn't true, I've mounted my CS DD yesterday, updated everything to the latest and all went fine.

For firmware update, you need to install the latest drivers on the PC as firmwares are bundled with the driver packages. But with Xbox skip 455 as it is buggy for some people and xbox mode is missing after upgrade.

LEDs/rev. light etc. is not working on xbox, wifi/cable doesn't matter here, it has nothing to do with this. Simply MS won't support this on their console. Don't touch the networking, won't do anything.

• So correct me if I'm wrong, but what you saying is that if you don't upgrade to a new driver when it releases that you won't get new firmware updates anymore on the previous driver because the new firmware is bundled in the new driver..?

• The driver is for PC use. But the whole driver 'package' contains the firmware for all fanatec hardware. So you need to install that driver 'package' to update the firmware on the wheelbase etc.

But... yes? Not quite sure what you are asking. At the moment, do not update to the firmware that is bundled with driver 455 - it stops xbox mode from working.

• Racing Dog NLRacing Dog NL Member
    edited February 5

Yes i know, i install a Driver 'package' (for example 455) as you call it on my pc to get to my firmware updates as i connect my wheelbase to the pc to update any firmware. Exept for my pedals there i need to connect only my pedals to the pc and not together with the wheelbase, otherwise you brick it. Btw i am playing on a Xbox and don't play on pc.

But that was not the question, my question is : this time i ask it in another way.. do you/i need and install a New Driver (package) every time to get the New Firmware, or can you also keep the Older Driver 'package' to Update new Firmware correctly ?

Ádám (see comment above) mentioned that new firmware is 'bundled' with a new driver so then i came to the question i am asking now. Sorry if my English is bad in explaining if that is the case, but i am Dutch, i come from the Netherworld/Netherlands Hollandia/Ajax Amsterdam 😄

Also i have yet installed Driver 455 on my PC a month ago for my CSL DD and before i also had the béta and everything is working fine with me, nothing bricked here and Xbox mode is also working, no problemo at all.. i also updated all my Firmware with Driver 455.

• "do you/i need and install a New Driver (package) every time to get the New Firmware! -> Yes.

• Exactly, firmwares are bundled in the driver packages. But it takes 2 minutes. I can see that you have the 455 beta and all fine, I think the final version was the same (e.g beta was promoted to RC and then final, without any change - Maurice will correct me if I'm wrong), so you're good until 456 will be released.

• Gökhan OgulGökhan Ogul Member
    edited February 5

I got my CS DD back from RMA (a new base) and everything works fine now. I have only installed the 454 driver without any issue. Now I'll wait until driver 456 and skip the buggy 455 driver that has bricked/killed some CS DDs.

• just noticed my F1 wheel will not be recognized after power off and on again when attached on the base. When I plug out and in again then it workd. After booting the QR Firmware shows the number 0.0.0.0 and when I plug out and in the wheel then it show 1.0.0.3 and the wheel will be reconized. Tested with Driver 455 same result.

• So, finally, according to you,for a new CS DD, what driver to chose ? 454 or 455... Do you think it's the same ??

edited February 5

use 454 but without installing the new firmwares. The WQR Firmware on 454 and 455 is the same with firmware version 1.0.0.3. Since I have updated the WQR Firmware I got the same issue as before again that my F1 wheel will dont be recognized. When I wait 2-3 minutes without any action, then the F1 wheel will be recognized.

The out of the box firmware of the wqr 0.6.6.5 works fine, so dont update this! You have only to update the base firmware until the issue is solved by fanatec.

@Maurice Böschen can you tell more about this issue? Will this be fixed in 456?

• Yes thank you, i already have 455 Release Candidate for CSL DD installed and also updated all my Firmware with this driver and all is good with me, nothing bricked and Xbox mode is working fine here.

• I saw on YouTube that (Boosted Media) mentioned something like that you first have to delete your old driver than restart your PC with nothing running in the background. After this you install the new driver on your PC >>Without your Wheel connected to the Wheelbase!

After this step you FIRST have to update your Wheelbase Firmware, and after this when it's ready with this Firmware update, you have to update the wheel by finally connect all your Wheel(s) if you have more to the Wheelbase while it's still on and then search for a new Firmware update for your Wheel(s) and update it.

Good Luck, it's just a suggestion and i have not tested it but you can search Boosted Media for the video on Youtube.

• edited February 6

Did you remove your wheel rim from the wheel base when updating the WQR firmware as it is requested by the Firmware manager? When my CS DD arrived, I've uninstalled 451 with all traces (I was using that version for my CSL DD), installed v454, updated all firmwares with following the instructions in the firmware manager (so connected the wheel rim to the base firmware upgrade and disconnected for wqr firmware upgrade). Then I uninstalled 454, removed all leftover files, installed 455 and updated the base firmware (the rest was up-to-date at this point) and everything is fine.

edited February 6

Yes I did. It is only my F1 eSports Wheel V2 that dont recognize alltime. Sometime it works and sometimes not. When not dedected, It shows QR Version 0.0.0.0. Then I have to plug out and plug in it, then it works. Or, when I wait 3-5 Minutes then the wheel is recognized byself and the QR Firmware switch to 1.0.0.3 and everything works fine. On my second wheelbase it works great alltimes. My other steering wheels works fine on CS DD. This is my new base after RMA and still same issue.

BTW: with QR Firmware 0.6.6.5 out of the box, everything was fine! The 1.0.0.3 is buggy for me and I cant downgrade it now.

• good evening yesterday I sent the base to fanatec.

When they send me back the base should I upgrade or wait for the 456?

• edited February 6

strange my steering wheel was the mclaren gt3.

and from what I see they are among the most problematic steering wheels together with the fomula.

yesterday I sent the base and steering wheel with signature rma.

how many days does it take?

• I would wait for 456. I'm playing on PC not X-Box.

I have updated because I thought after RMA the new base are OK. But it's a Hardware communication Problem between Base and Steering Wheel but both are working fine. I believe that this bug can never be solved with new firmware, unless you buy a new F1 steering wheel. When you have luck, then it works fine. I have here a CS Universal Huv V2 and RS Wheel without any Issue on CS DD and with Driver 455. Only the F1 Wheel Problem is still present.

• Yes, Mclaren Wheel is based on Formula Wheel.

I had to wait 2,5 Weeks for my RMA.

• so now that the steering wheel arrives I didn't touch anything. otherwise another signature rma

edited February 6

Hello Maurice,

First of all thank your for your help and support.

Any news about the bug with the F1 wheel (because it is not detected when attached to the cs dd base and the base starts). Will this be solved with the new driver 456, or is the Prio still in the process of fixing the wheel freezing/crashing during race?

• I don't have this detection issue. Freezing/crashing is investigated as stated by Maurice.

edited February 6

not all F1 Wheels are impacted. Some works and some not. I also have no issue because after power on the wheel will be dedected between 2-3 Minutes byself. Or I just have to Plug-out or Plug-In it, then works fine too. But my other wheel will dedected without waiting after Power-On if the base is booting up. That is the issue. The question is, what is the problem? The base or the steering wheel? Both works fine... And some other users have the same problem.

• Luke VestyLuke Vesty Member
    edited February 7

I'm having major problems since upgrading to this firmware. I have a CSW v2.5 and a Formula Carbon wheel. With the latest firmware, the right hand funky switch has faulty inputs. For example, I use this switch to rotate clockwise and anti clockwise to adjust my brake bias. However whenever I now twist the switch it registers as multiple increments for every individual click. Sometimes it even acts like it's jammed. This issue only occurred after the driver update which included the wheel base firmware jump to v693.

When I try to roll back to an older driver package that includes the wheel base firmware of v692, it won't work. The newest v693 firmware remains installed on my wheel base. What are my options?

Both the wheel and wheel base are out of warranty but are only about three years old. Can I manually flash v692 firmware to my wheel base?

• Huh and here i thought it was just my wheel going south. But your right now that i think about it , it started after the latest firmware in which i also lost xbox mode. I use the funky switch in iRacing to switch between the panels in the black box. Make one turn (either way) and it skips a panel.

This discussion has been closed.