This is starting to look like a scam

I placed my Order (1808459) on 21th of November. I sent them an email on 28th of November an 3 weeks later i get no response. On their website it says the order is in process. This is getting ridiculous since i wanted the products as a Christmas present. And they don't even have the courtesy to send an email informing me about an estimated delivery. Their live chat on the site never worked even if i tried to open it at least 100 times, their call center is not working (tried that on 5 different days). This is beginning to look like a scam.

Comments

• they haven't yet officially changed the name of the company

FanaSCAM

• read the updates here on the forums there now doing the black friday sales u probably gonne have to wait a few more weeks also in procces is normal untill its shipped to call a company a scam that has been having issues for a few months because of diffrent reasons is jsut ignorant read the faq first before you post

• process is normal?

yes for sure

🤣

• No. What is ignorant is the absolute radio silence on the topic from Fanatec. It is ignorant of them to hold paying customers with such contempt. These aren't pound shop / dollar shop items; people have invested a ton of money into these products, and most - myself included - ordered in good faith that the delivery dates on the items were somewhat accurate.

Look at the shop now, today, and tell me in what world any of the delivery dates they quote can be honoured by Fanatec given their known issues and the fact now it is the week before Christmas.

I ordered in plenty of time for Christmas given the stock information displayed at the time, and even with the communicated delay with the warehouse there was more than enough buffer to get the goods delivered. Fanatec simply don't have the stock to support their sales, they clearly don't have the manpower to ramp up their support / order processing, and nor it seems do they care about keeping customers informed. If they did, their phone message wouldn't say ring back between 2 and 4 and then switch to "temporarily suspended" between those hours. They would not have 4 weeks (and counting) from placing an order with absolutely zero further emails about the order. They would not have a farcical order status that is nothing more than a placeholder that has recently changed to something more appropriate (but still useless - and they even got this update wrong, updating everyones past delivered orders at the same time). They would have some logic / order / structure to the fulfilment process that doesn't cause further frustration from customers when they see others placing orders (for the same kit) later and getting theirs earlier.

But, all the fanboys, continue to make Fanatec unaccountable for their part in this and instead call fellow customers ignorant. It is this behaviour that makes Fanatec believe they can act as they currently are - they see that they will have a customer base no matter how poor their aftersales is, or how inaccessible they are.

I just hope all those who have received their kit, either recently or previous to this fiasco, don't suddenly start experiencing issues that require any form of technical support or warranty claim, because you are going to be right in the mix with the rest of us, and stuck in weeks worth of unanswered emails, ignored Facebook messenger messages, and invisible forum posts.

• thats allot better awnser i understadn your frustration but since before sim racing expo 2023 because at that time they where already talking about this they maby should not have done a black friday sale and instead kept there prices like normal to make sure they dont get the extra traffic and allot of extra orders to give them even more problems. i just hope everybody gets there orders soon i am waiting for my dd+ i would have normally gone with another company but i have no choice because i needed xbox and ps5 support in 1 base otherwise i would not ewven gone with fanatec because i already knew before my cs dd+ pre order there would be problems for a few months or longer

• Terje NybroTerje Nybro Member
    edited December 2023

To every1 that defend Fanatec… Ive been waiting 97 days now for a 1200£ order! Orderd 12th SEPTEMBER!!! Sevral automails, and ONE mail saying delivery 28th desember;)

Thats a legit company? BS!!!

• The only way I found out that two of my three orders were shipped is a notice from my FEDEX account. No email from Fanatec. Due to arrive on the 20th and 21st. This is just some QR for wheel and base along with a load cell pedal. My main order from November 21st is showing that it has been transferred to warehouse for shipping today. Now I did get an email when my in-stock date was changed from the 5th to the 18th. The way things are going I will get my wheelbase, pedals and two wheels sometime in January. The other two orders sat at the warehouse for a couple of weeks before it was shipped.

• Do you think its normal to do the black friday orders before doing the orders that were places before black friday? To me this dose not sound ok.

• The key word here is "seems".

It is clear that Fanatec's behavior in the last 4 months fully reflects the behavior of scammers.

- Very low prices compared to the list price.

- Create a sense of urgency in the buyer.

- Withdraw money immediately.

- Don't reply to messages.

- Do not ship the goods within the established times.

- Do not provide real information.

- Provide only generic information to try to calm customers down.

Now, this all sounds like a scam, because that's how scammers operate.

The only difference is that sooner or later your purchase will arrive, but you can't really be sure, as long as you're waiting for it.

Meanwhile, your money is tied up, and the company is saving its annual balance sheet by selling merchandise it doesn't own. This may be legal, but it doesn't seem right.

• no i think its not normal and i wish they would have solved the logitical problems first but here we are

• But they aren't even doing that, either. Plenty of people who have ordered after Black Friday have received their goods.

There doesn't appear to be any reasoning or logic behind which orders are being fulfilled.