Fanatec's Delay Drama

Shortly after the beginning of December, I placed an order for the new ClubSport DD+ along with pedals, a pair of steering wheels an shifter, and more. The order totaled around €2500, although the shipment was expected on December 27th, the release date specified by Fanatec on their website for the DD+. However, two days ago, I received an email from Fanatec informing me of a delay in the delivery. They mentioned that it will reach their warehouses in 14 days, indicating that it won't leave their warehouses for delivery to my home on the 27th. It's truly disappointing how such a prominent simracing company struggles to manage its own timelines and provides inadequate customer information. In this very forum, there are numerous comments from customers facing the same issue as me and expressing frustration with Fanatec's lack of communication. This is ridiculous. I'll continue waiting...

Comments

• Dustin GDustin G Member
    edited December 2023

To be fair shipping out of China is now getting rerouted so a lot of companies are beginning to be in the same position once stocks end

it will cost fanatec 2 to 3 times the cost for air freight over container shipping.

i would expect delivery times to increase and prices to rise Unless they can secure shipping routes past Yemen. Increased insurance alone will drive prices up.

this will effect Europe the most

• well, noone actually stop make product sooner at factory, they could easily make clubspot dd before the announcement

• Mi caso es similar al tuyo , realicé el pedido del nuevo ClubSport DD+, además de qr2, pedales , palanca y más componentes y ahora recibimos el mail que no nos va a llegar después de estar esperando desde noviembre me parece que una empresa como está no puede permitir ese tipo de cosas con sus productos , en atención al cliente no contestan simplemente se disculpan pero no ponen solución, la disculpa es válida cuando ha pasado una vez , pero cuando es continuo tienes que poner remedio y no parece que lo ponen. Se dan cuenta el día 19 que no hay stock?? Por favor…. No trates a tus clientes por tontos, nos gastamos mucho dinero en tu página web ….

• Last night I finally received notice from FedEx that they have my order which was placed on Oct 21 for the CS DD. Although good for me I am not happy that others are in the boat I was just days ago.

I am going to continue to monitor the forums and pass along an opportunity to view and sign (if inclined) a petition I started regarding some of the issues we have been experiencing with Fanatec https://chng.it/CfWvgmVk6G

This is not to bring pain to Fanatec but perhaps give them pause as to how they are turning longtime customers off and perhaps losing new and future customers and make noticeable change to improve immediately.

I am not advocating for cancellations or going to another brand, I simply want the brand I have supported for 15+ years to have all their process be as robust as the product.

A weekly update on number of units shipped, current backlog, lead time, etc...would be an excellent start until which time process improvement can be developed and implemented for long term.

• I ordered the McLaren GT3 wheel, a QR 2 lite and a pack of button caps and stickers on December 5th. Zero communication since I placed my order. The status has been "handover to warehouse" for almost 2 weeks. No tracking number. The order was supposed to be a Christmas present but I think that ship has sailed. I just don't understand how Fanatec can stay in business with this kind of performance. This has been my 4th order this year and it's been the same with all of them. Today I just contacted them and got a reply that they will follow up in 2 to 3 days. In the email it also states that order processing and packaging takes between 1 - 3 days. What a joke...

• Exacto, yo cuando hice mi pedido solo tenian disponible con el qr2 lite que tuve que pedir si o si porque si pides aro te obligaba a coger un qr y como el qr 1 no sirve para esa base tuve que coger el qr2 lite que capa la potencia de la base. Atencion al cliente es lamentable, les pregunte sobre el qr2 normal y me contestaron dos semanas despues cuando casualmente ya habian puesto el preorder para él. Si no pueden concretar fechas o que ponga una fecha más larga de lo que esperan o que directamente no pongan nada

• Just Cancelled my Nov 2 order for the CS DD+ and all the other items that I ordered with (availibility date of Dec 19).. And boy I did not rregret it because I have a better platform and higher quality wheelbase now.. SIMAGIC all the way lol.

AFter 12 years of fanatec, good bye, now i am moving to the Prosumer platform, no more toyish products for me!

• Desde el 12 de diciembre a las 8:34 de la noche ordené todo lo descrito en las imágenes, con esperanza de que estaría disponible a partir del 27 de diciembre, nunca jamás recibí respuestas sobre Fanatec y aún no la recibo en mi desesperación entre a este fórum, decepción total pero sobre todo IMPOTENCIA, como una compañía puede jugar de esta forma con los clientes, después de estar disponible para el 27 de diciembre de 2023 cambio a 10 de enero del 2024 y luego a 19 de febrero 2024 ya va más de un mes y no tengo respuesta de mi inversión de casi $1,800 dólares. Si alguien puede ayudarme por favor estoy desesperado…

Since December 12 at 8:34 at night I ordered everything described in the images, with the hope that it would be available from December 27, I never ever received answers about Fanatec and I still do not receive one in my desperation between this forum, total disappointment but above all IMPOTENCE, how can a company play this way with customers, after being available for December 27, 2023, it changes to January 10, 2024 and then to February 19, 2024, it is already going on. for a month and I have no response from my investment of almost $1,800 dollars. If anyone can help me please I'm desperate...

• Desde el 12 de diciembre a las 8:34 de la noche ordené todo lo descrito en las imágenes, con esperanza de que estaría disponible a partir del 27 de diciembre, nunca jamás recibí respuestas sobre Fanatec y aún no la recibo en mi desesperación entre a este fórum, decepción total pero sobre todo IMPOTENCIA, como una compañía puede jugar de esta forma con los clientes, después de estar disponible para el 27 de diciembre de 2023 cambio a 10 de enero del 2024 y luego a 19 de febrero 2024 ya va más de un mes y no tengo respuesta de mi inversión de casi $1,800 dólares. Si alguien puede ayudarme por favor estoy desesperado…

Since December 12 at 8:34 at night I ordered everything described in the images, with the hope that it would be available from December 27, I never ever received answers about Fanatec and I still do not receive one in my desperation between this forum, total disappointment but above all IMPOTENCE, how can a company play this way with customers, after being available for December 27, 2023, it changes to January 10, 2024 and then to February 19, 2024, it is already going on. for a month and I have no response from my investment of almost $1,800 dollars. If anyone can help me please I'm desperate...