Am I a bad guy for advocating for improvement?

Testing 1-2-3

Seems like my messages may be getting reviewed before posting.

Comments

• Nope that one worked. Now back to what I was doing.

Last night I finally received notice from FedEx that they have my order which was placed on Oct 21 for the CS DD. Although good for me I am not happy that others are in the boat I was just days ago.

I am going to continue to monitor the forums and pass along an opportunity to view and sign (if inclined) a petition I started regarding some of the issues we have been experiencing with Fanatec https://chng.it/CfWvgmVk6G

This is not to bring pain to Fanatec but perhaps give them pause as to how they are turning longtime customers off and perhaps losing new and future customers and make noticeable change to improve immediately.

I am not advocating for cancellations or going to another brand, I simply want the brand I have supported for 15+ years to have all their process be as robust as the product.

A weekly update on number of units shipped, current backlog, lead time, etc...would be an excellent start until which time process improvement can be developed and implemented for long term.

• hope yo gonne be happy wth your purshase but thanks for looking out for us and to bring it to fanatec to demand better i hope everyone here signs this petition

• edited December 2023

Hey David, that's good to hear. Progress! Does Fedex have a date for your shipment to arrive? What's your Fanatec account say? Still stuck on "handover to warehouse"?

My shipment via USPS tracking has been dormant for a week now, simply saying "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item". My Fanatec account status... handover to warehouse.

Hopefully your order will arrive soon!

And it's good you're advocating for improvement. Fanatec needs to work on their communication skills and lose the arrogance.

• I too got the Fedex notification from my Oct 14th order last night. Here's hoping it gets here for Christmas, and doesn't sit with just the label printed for another week. Where you located? i'm in Texas.

• I dont think so. A lot of people are frustrated and any business would be wise to pay attention to that.

Generally it boils down to communication during failure as when people don't have the information they will fill it in themselves based on their own level of pessimism.

It seems like they have already made one change which I pointed out a few weeks ago that on the Fanatec site, when the ordered is pulled to the warehouse it used to say "fully shipped". Now that is an extremely misleading choice of words. It has now been updated to something like "pulled from warehouse".

It becomes a vicious circle because as more people get frustrated, Fanatec becomes more and more inundated with emails and thus it becomes more and more impossible to keep up.

Im not sure what their normal order of scale is in terms of monthly orders but if they got say 6000 normally in a month and got 36000 at just one warehouse for BF sales then that is going to be unmanageable. It would be interesting to know what Fanatec does to scale the operation during this time but a lot of this is predicable especially around BF. Maybe not total volume predictions but certainly a ramp up. Maybe this year was that much better... who knows

Ultimately though, if you are having warehouse issues, communication issues, shipping issues due to the time of the year with Xmas volume as well as overselling items... it's not going to turn out well.

Im still missing a damper that is lost in the mail. No idea how to rectify that but ive emailed to see. The stuff I have received is really good so its a shame that the process is so difficult for everyone.

• Dec 26 is expected delivery date and the status in My Order is indeed Handover to Warehouse with a tracking number, and the Products page has serial numbers assigned. So all systems go and aside from someone hijacking the truck I should be in good shape.

Saw on the news that the porch pirates are now going after carrier trucks that are parked to hand delivery to customers. Terrible.

• I'm in Northern Illinois. If you do not have a registered account (free) with FedEx I would suggest doing so as you can sign up for SMS notifications on your phone which gives updates throughout the delivery process.

• Well said Jen. great product. The rest needs a bit of work.

Happy holidays

• @David Well, i am adovcating pain for the people at Fanatec response for the ongoing (years) problems. NO-ONE can get a response from them on ANYTHING. I finally got my order. It lasted all of 2 1/2 hours out of the box before it died and blew smoke out the back. That was almost two weeks ago, still no response from them.

• Truly disappointing reading that people are still experiencing communication delays. Especially after Thomas said they were working on correcting the issues experienced with Black Friday and four months later we are still seeing complaints regarding lack of communication.

If you want Fanatec to feel 'pain' I would suggest making a formal complaint with your local consumer advocate group, most government agencies will at least note the complaint.