My Fanatec Story

Recently jumped into the sim racing scene via GT7. Have a LT923 wheel/pedal combo for about 3 months. Just wasn't getting enough feel from the wheel and hated the braking. Decided to take the plunge and get a better cockpit and pair it up with the GT DD Pro 8nm after doing a bunch of online reading and watching various YT reviews. Never occurred to me to check the forum here. All items were in stock, no delay notifications, ordered on December 10th and while there was no tracking it went into completely shipped status for a few days and now is in the handover to warehouse status. While looking at the invoice I realized too that they did not charge me the bundle pricing, but charged me for the 5nm version and the full charge for the 8nm power block. (so 50 bucks USD over the bundle pricing). I'm assuming that I will NOT get two power blocks. I did email Fanatec about this hoping for a refund on the difference but no communication as of yet.

While I was at it I ordered some upgrade parts from 3drap in Italy the day after I ordered the Fanatec stuff from the US and I had those components within 3 days.

$1100 bucks sitting with Fanatec earning them interest and no product to enjoy during my holidays just does not feel like a particularly good value.

Comments