Update Regarding Shipping to Share with Fellow Customers/Shoppers

Since there's inexcusable absolute silence from Fanatec, I figured I'd take over the customer experience/service role momentarily with my update. My order (placed in mid-October) was delayed until it updated to Shipped to Warehouse/Handover to Warehouse on Nov. 30th. This unhelpful order status update has been tormenting people all over the world with experiences varying, usually negative.

I can say that today, after 3 more weeks of silence, I got an update (through my carrier of choice) saying: "Label created"

There hasn't been a notification from Fanatec itself and my order still shows as Handover to Warehouse on Fanatec's page but I expect it to be dispatched along with other orders by tomorrow or Friday, with a Fanatec email update coming by then, and the items likely arriving during the middle of the first week of January. For folks with a Handover to Warehouse without an update, maybe 3 calendar weeks is your magic number.

Mind you, again, my order was placed well before the Black Friday period. If Fanatec is fulfilling them based on date of order, you could still be 2-3 weeks from getting your order dispatched and another additional week or so until delivery. It's impossible to say without internal ops knowledge when to expect an update to your item(s) actually being shipped.

To summarize: I had a 2 week delay to my original processing date. Then another 2.5 weeks until the "Shipped to Warehouse" status update. Then another 3 weeks until the shipping label was actually created. So a 7.5 week delay overall. Hopefully this can be of use to at least one person.

Comments

• Thanks Guilherme

• As a lot of others, I ordered around Black Friday (Monday 27th). Although the order quickly moved to "completely shipped" I was already aware from reading elsewhere that this seemed to be more of a Fanatec internal tag & did not reflect the actual status as would be read by customers.

It took 15 days until a shipping number appeared on my order page - but it DID appear. The UPS tracking indicted they received the package into their system 6 days later.

Going by the last UPS update, I'm expecting delivery to the UK later this week - so 25 days after the order was placed.

This is not a moan - just another confirmation that things do seem to be moving, altough slowly.

Everyone is eager to get out on track with their new kit, but just seems to be a case of waiting patiently...

• Oh Lord Jesus. I’ll never get my order placed on Dec 2nd then. This company is a complete disaster for its US order fulfillment practices. They charge your card, get their funds and just ship whenever they want. No updates at all, no responses to inquiries, nothing. It’s a ridiculous way to do business. If you don’t need the product by a specific time go ahead and order, but if you need it by a specific date, do not use them. Buyer beware.

• Yeah Tracy I am a US customer also and ordered on November 23 and I still have no information on my order. 4 weeks and nothing. We ordered these for presents well ahead of Christmas and still got screwed.

• My order was shipped the next day from my first post and estimated delivery is next Friday. Hopefully there are no defects because that will be awful (speaking from experience over 3 product defects) but that would be another story.

• A small update to hopefully help others. One of the two items ordered in mid-October has been delivered today, the second for some reason was split by the shipping company but was expedited and is schedule to arrive tomorrow. This means shipping was done with a 3-5 day delivery service, possibly 3 (meaning expedited) to compensate for the delay in fulfillment.

At no point since the first order status update email in November have I received further communication. Do not rely solely on email communication, make sure to follow your order page and be registered with the shipping company of Fanatec's choice to receive updates.

Unrelated and hopefully trivial, one of the contents packed inside one item had a clearly broken seal. Hopefully it isn't a replacement part and there is no defect or damage, I will learn soon enough.

• Perhaps and hopefully my final update:

I had to place another order as one of my items turned out to not be compatible and that was done on the 28th. A label was created on the 30th and the shipment set for two pieces. Today one, fortunately the main one, has been handed to the carrier with an estimated delivery of January 8th.

I was not expecting progress until the 10th but perhaps it is tomorrow instead of today when my fulfillment center will be on break. No idea about the other item, perhaps it will be dispatched tomorrow. Also, for those who have contacted Fanatec, I have sent an email around Nov. 10th and have not received a response (their estimate is 2-3 business weeks, it's been ~8 and I don't expect a response, though that message may be trivial/already answered by now.

Good luck to all others without their products and may this experience with dates help someone with what to expect.

• I placed my order on the 6th of January and it's still showing "Handover to warehouse". I regret so much having ordered it now. I'll never again buy products from this company. Never again. 

I ordered the CSL Elite V2 pedals, but will now buy the Simagic's P1000 instead and refuse the delivery from Fanatec.

It's unacceptable the way they're treating customers. Disgraceful.

• Well, very frustrated update.

My wheel arrived just before the new year and it was defective. It would sag to a side and not stay centered. After several weeks back and forth with Fanatec I sent it back for the RMA. It was returned this week.

I was given a second-hand/used wheel (different serial number) that has numerous scratches at the base and worst of all, the unnerving whine some folks had complained about. I will now pursue an exchange for a new unit.

• After weeks of silence, occasional back and forth and silence, I returned my defective (perhaps used) replacement unit so I can be sent a new one.

I just got notice from my bank that I was refunded. No product replacement, just a refund, completely forgoing all prior customer service communication. After 7 months of pre-purchasing my item, I still do not have it and am being pushed to buy a new one for a higher price.

I have just literally messaged customer service again, continuing from the message received last week, and was surprised with these annoying news.