Repair services - the truth is far ahead

the other day there was a discussion somewhere about Fanatec paying the postage when the product is returned to them for service.

that's not true. paid by the buyer.

it's just proof of how they fenced themselves off because they knew the crap they were selling would spoil. but in order to save, they transferred the costs to the customer..

and this is where the question of the profitability of buying all those DD products arises again.

after, say, 2 years of warranty, the buyer will have to pay postage in both directions and service.

and Fanatec wisely keeps silent about the service price list, so that a person can calculate in advance the possible repair costs if they occur in the years after the warranty expires. because obviously that way they would lose a lot of users who would think and say to themselves "well, what's the point of this expensive crap that often breaks down for people"

Comments

• Fanatec cover the costs for repairs under warranty. Once the warranty has expired, repairs are done at customers expense. This is standard practice across almost all manufacturers. It's pretty much the definition of what a warranty is. :-)

• It’s normal. What exactly is the gripe here. Try getting anything fixed past warranty. All cost will be on the purchaser bar a few cases.

• with the addition - shorter version

ok, one more addition. I may not have expressed myself in the most accurate way for the whole story. and it reads like this;

yes, even during the warranty, the customer will have to pay the postage to the service, and Fanatec will pay for the repair and return of the package to the customer.

of course, until the warranty expires, everything is on the buyer.

and that will happen, because these products often break down.

the entire profitability of investing in that expensive and unreliable technology is questionable.

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited December 2023

i'm agree with you about that postage to the service, if its fanatec who send you faulty product or they developers fuck up firmware update and you need send that to them for repair, its they responsibly cover all the cost

unfortunately not break any law by this as it's typed clearly that customer is that who need pay

• if law would be changed about this, then company's may start think twice before they send out faulty products

• I've used Fanatec's warranty repair service many time over many years, because, like you say, failures are not uncommon.

Every time, Fanatec supplied me with a prepaid label to return the items. To be perfectly clear - I did not have to pay to return the items - ever.

If you know me - I'm no fan of or apologist for Fanatec, but still important that facts are reported correctly. That still leaves plenty to complain about. :-)

• I confirm, I did not pay anything when I sent my products under warranty to Fanatec.

• maybe some did not have to pay for returning the product to the service under warranty, but it is not officially written anywhere on the Fanatec website.

screw it guys, that's not how a company is run. it will be given to some for free, to some it won't, maybe. how they like who or randomize. what the rule is, only they know.

In my job, there are strictly defined rules and laws, and we all behave that way. everything is known why something has to be and how. and not those street tricks and vagueness.

• I believe that what is required by law is reported on the site. German law, I assume says, as I am not German, that shipping costs and responsibility for shipping is the responsibility of the customer. I'm in Italy, and it's like this here too. After that, if the manufacturer or seller wants to modify the procedure, the law allows him to do so, as long as the modification is an improvement for the customer.

The same thing applies to the legal guarantee. In Italy, and I am also thinking in Germany as Fanatec writes on its website, the law does not provide that the guarantee is transferable, i.e. it only covers the first owner of the good, but does not cover a possible second owner who purchases the used good, even if within the time limits set by the legal guarantee. However, most manufacturers, including Fanatec, agree to repair even second-hand products under warranty, which respect the times and geographical area of ​​the legal guarantee.

However, on the Fanatec website you will find it written that only the first owner is covered by warranty, as required by law. It's probably a way to protect yourself if something doesn't go as it should.

• everything is written nicely in paragraph 9.4 and 9.5. everything else, if Fanatec covers it, that they pay is just their goodwill. but that's not right, because the customer doesn't know what the costs will be in advance. as well as what I mentioned that they hide the service price list according to which they repair the goods they receive after the warranty period.

and the fact that the guarantee is not transferable from the first to the second owner, and so on, is a serious violation of the law.

let's take for example anything you buy from technical equipment, a car, etc. the warranty is valid until it expires, regardless of who the current owner is.

• it has to do with law´s dude. I´m German and even if you sell a car to another dude.. the warranty avoided. You need some paper work. But i never ever had any issue with a warranty so i guess all companys are pretty fine with that equal who is the "right owner" of the product.

Pls stop talkin bulls** when you didn´t know the conditions. You seems to be pretty sad. In every negative Topic you give you´re mastermind opinion a show-out...

• zeko zekanzeko zekan Member
    edited December 2023

I see you are following me. that's bad for you. I have a lot more shitty shit all over this shitty company than FanaSCAM. 😍

OOOOO you are german? WOW

we bow to your kingdom. come on then don't be an asshole, tell this jerk Thomas CEO to fuck off and stick to the law. because to promise that something purchased will arrive at people's door and then after 3+ weeks to give information that they don't have it and that you have to wait 4 months or to cancel with a voucher that is not even valid yet and people's money has not been returned, is very much subject to the laws, and especially in German. because laws apply to fraudsters everywhere in the world. so buddy, you think you're smart because you're defending this shit from the company, but you're really pathetic.