MPS Mode resets

hi,

i didnt found any thread.

I dont know if its latest fanalab or driver, but since i upgraded both the MPS mode is reset to AUTO after restart. Everytime i have manually switch to constant.

Comments

• edited December 2023

Which Base? Which driver? Which firmware?

How do you turn off the base?

Tuning Menu settings can only be saved to the base when you power-off the base with the power button. When you cut power via the red e-stop button or by cutting power from the wall then the settings cant be saved and will reset.

• thank you, Maurice! Then that is why. I always power on/off via E-stop. Then i'll have to do it once "normally"

But its weird anyways because i didnt power off with the small power button since ever :D And i only noticed the MPS arent in right mode since i installed new driver and fanalab.

Also i did read the newest patch notes and

• "Natural friction can start to feel weird after some time of driving. In case you experience issues with NFR, we suggest to turn it OFF for now. (this got now fixed for the Podium DD but can still happen on the CSL DD. We will now apply the fix for the CSL DD as well)"

I noticed my FFB feels weird sometimes and this is why i took a look into newest patch notes.

I got no issues before. But is it the point it should be fixed on Podiums, isnt it?

• edited December 2023

It is fixed on Podiium, yes. When the FFB on a Podium starts to feel weird after some time and you experience cogging (where the wheel rests heavily into 11 specific positions) then that is a hardware issue, unrelated to this NFR issue.

• It doesnt feel weird after some time. Right at the beginning and during whole session. I mean it is really strange that it only has begun after i updated both, driver and fanalab. It's not a big strange feeling and i noticed the most at light corner but also tights. I am pretty sure it has something to do with NFR and NIN...