How to start - noob question

Hi,

perhaps its a noob question, but what is the recommended way of starting within the Fanatec world when you are going to use them on console?

Connect all devices (Base, Wheels, Pedals, Shifter) together and plug it to a PC, starting the Software and install all Updates, Firmware i.e. Calibrate them and the connect to the console?

Or is it possible to connect every device alone to a PC and install the Updates?

Is it a good idea to plug them direct to the console, without, calibrate, update and so on them on a PC?

Didn‘t read the manuals so far (as the base is still missing) but you connect the devices different on console an on PC, correct? On console you connect all to the base an the base to the console? On PC everthing direct to the PC?

Comments

• Hi,

im sure if you watch this clip on yt that you figured it out.

• Uhm the best way to start is forget about the brand Scamatec and flip them the bird.

Once that task is accomplished look into other brands that actually provide not only service, but will ship the products you order in a timely fashion.

When you realize how much stress we saved you from by not buying Scamatec, you will come back here and post and hopefully help someone else avoid the costly and stupid mistake of handing over their money to Scamatec

• Uh, how cute. Poor Casper still butt hurt, because his USB Adapter order took longer. Bitch, please…

• Hmm.. I watched the video, but didn’t find any answer to my questions.. no infos on how to act different in case of console use or did I miss anything?

i know how to install a program and how to update the firmware of a device..

• 🤔 didn’t unterstand your comment..

i am (until now) a console user.. using a playseat with G29 for several years.. decided to upgrade to direct drive.. i was looking for DD Pro 8nm, but wanted to test it before ordering. So I visited the ADAC Sim Racing Expo in October and realized, that 8nm isn‘t enough or is not the argument for me to upgrade, as I also testet the 12nm DD, the 20nm podium and bases from other vendors.. which alternative vendor could you recommend for console using? I didn’t find any.. so I ordered a lot of nice products from Fanatec on BF and receive all of them in less than 2 weeks.. only waiting for my DD+.. but It doesn’t matter if it arrives this week or in 3 weeks, as my G29 is up and running..