CSL wheel base burned down

Hi,

my brand new, only two days in use CSL wheel base just burned down. There was smoke coming out of it and heavy smell of dead electronics. I'm living in germany. What would be the best way to get a replacement?

Best Regards

Comments

• I've found the "Support" button next to the wheel base in my customer data and will try to submit a support request.

• What game were you playing and were you clipping the FFB as in overloading the torque designed for the base? Could be a number of things such as power supply unit or faulty resistors in wheelbase

• Same here, no smoke, but burning smell of electronics. Already opened a support ticket and sent in my wheelbase for repair. There are a lot of discussions here with the same problem.

• I was playing Euro Truck Simlator, which in fact doesn't have heavy FFB usage. IMHO a wheel base should be designed to deal with any kind of FFB.

• Indeed ^^ what the matter to have 8nm if you can't use it. Too much of their products are just faulty and it's very bad for the customer and too to their reputation.

• My wheelbase came back from repair today. I installed, turned it on and started Forza Horizon. After less than a minute it went dead, again. This is really crap. Hopefully, it will work someday.

• So as i said sooner i received a new one from RMA process this afternoon and after almost 4 hours of use he switched off himself like the old one but without this burning odor. Luckily after some mns of waiting i succed to start it again, hope this will stay like this.

I didn't touch any settings in games i use (AC/Forza Horizon 5) and in Fanatec Control panel the FFB is set on 100 % so 8 Nm. I just hope it won't burn again but i won't be surprised if it happen. My trust in Fanatec is unfortunatly lost.

• Finally the new one burned too day i received it. After sent ticket to support i got the 7th day (Today) this morning mails from Fanatec with usual questions about incident and other one with RMA. Now i have to pack all again and go to post office like last time.

• I received news from Fanatec today, the second DD i got is now repaired. Fanatec gave me tracking number so wait and see...