How long does it take to cancel an order that has not shipped?

I ordered the GT DD Pro bundle on 12/7 and it's been stuck at 'Fully Shipped' and then switched last week to 'Handover to Warehouse'. I've sent the request to cancel my order the other day. The wait is getting ridiculous and I'd rather cancel the order and go with a different brand. Anyone know how long it takes for Fanatec to cancel an order? You'd think they would at least get some temp help for all the backlog they're experiencing.

Comments

• Just have to wait I guess. I have sent two messages to cancel my order from November 23 and so far they have not responded. My next step will be contact PayPal for a chargeback. They really are not leaving me any other option.

• You should have just skipped that and filed the paypal claim

• They will not refund until after it ships and you deni the package. At least that's what I was told... My bundle should be arriving tomorrow, well some of it I guess, and I will be sending it all back. Shit company with shit policies, that don't seem to give a damn about it's customers... oh also, mine "actually shipped" the day after I filed a complaint with PayPal... I wish you luck!

• They stopped taking paypal.. probably for that reason. I had to use my credit card. So I'm going the proper route so I have evidence for my credit card co if I need to request a chargeback.

Have I mentioned how ridiculous their customer fulfillment time is? I can get Aliexpress orders from China way faster than this. lol.

• Dustin GDustin G Member
    edited December 2023

Once it’s handed over to warehouse ( formerly known as fully shipped) you can’t cancel as fanatec use a warehouse/shipping partner, so as was said you refuse to take delivery, when it’s returned to fanatec , you can then cancel and be refunded. obviously that takes time and assumes you actually got a tracking number.

if however it’s stuck on handed over to warehouse (formerly known as fully shipped) and hasn’t changed after a week or two, and by that I mean no tracking number is listed on your order page then something has got screwed up. Then send an email to webshop and provide details and ask for cancellation. Will take fanatec about two weeks to get back to you with an update.

its crazy I know

• Thanks for the info. It's definitely been 2 weeks since they changed it from Fully Shipped to Handover to Warehouse. Since it's the holidays, I plan on waiting until the 2nd week of Jan to hear back on the cancellation or get a tracking number before I pursue a chargeback.

• Well my order was placed on November 23rd. Everything was in stock and then on November 25 it changed to “ completely shipped” nothing happened, then of course they changed everything to “handover to warehouse” and still nothing has shipped. Was told twice by James my request was escalated and I would hear something soon. Got a cut and paste email from customer service telling me how busy they are and someone would get back to me about my order. Never heard another word. Sent another request asking if my order would arrive before Christmas, again got a cut and paste email that explains how busy they are and someone would contact me in a couple of days about my order. Never heard another word. Replied to that email asking for a refund and never received a reply and sent a second request for a refund a couple of days ago and again no reply. My order is 5 weeks old today. Last time I checked a few days before Christmas everything I ordered was still in stock. Since I paid with PayPal today I will file a chargeback claim with them. If Fanatec miraculously ships the product I will do as suggested here and refuse delivery.

They are leaving me with no other choice. 5 weeks to get an in stock order out the door? Ridiculous.

• Well, I don't know if it's a coincidence or not but the order just got a tracking number.. I wasn't even notified. I had to look at the order. Supposed to arrive next week.