Order - Day 132 and counting.....

It has been 132 days since I placed my order, 29th August 2023 12:31 to be precise and still don't have everything.

Up until now I have not wanted to share my ordering experience widely as companies do have issues, they try to resolve things and they do their upmost to make sure what they have promised, and taken payment for, gets delivered in a timely manner.

I am now writing this in hope that someone from Fanatec who has the ability to resolve this issue reads these forums and has the good will to prioritise these back orders of not only mine but everyone else who has been waiting over 4 months to receive an order.

So here goes....

First order created 29th August 2023. It was shortly after this I saw Fanatec were having supply issues and thought I'd patiently wait it out. Went to completely shipped then nothing until 15th September when the label was created. Not too bad I thought, bit of a delay but good work on getting that sorted.

25th September UPS inform me its been returned to send incorrect documentation.

Few emails back and forth that took an age and on the 20th October 2023 another order was created and the process began again.

In the mean time I did get a nice email from Fanatec to accept the issues were their fault and I'd be properly compensated once the issues had been resolved. FAO Fanatec, Think the CSL Load Cell Pedal would cover us if you can just stick one in the next delivery attempt.

Anyway, after going straight to completely shipped, a couple of weeks after the order was created (3rd November 2023) another tracking number was assigned and I awaited my parcel. Again, on the 24th November 2023 incorrect documentation and the parcel was returned to Fanatec.

Another few emails and on the 30th November 2023 another new order was created and we began the process again. So here we go again.... 12th December 2023 label was created, I get the text, check UPS documentation missing on the 21st December. I quickly scrambled and email to customer support to ask them to provide what was needed and didn't hear anything back (not sure if they did anything). You'll be glad to know on the 27th December all had been resolved and everything was on its way.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2nd January 2024 a parcel arrives at the door, box is a bit beat up and I quickly checked to find that it only contained 3 of the 4 parcels ordered. I did as the delivery driver advised and raised a case through UPS for the missing package. Surprise Surprise that is now waiting on Fanatec to respond. At this point I assumed that UPS were at fault and Fanatec had finally done their part, so thought I'd let the UPS process play out.

So I got impatient today finally, I went to follow up with Fanatec and checked my order to get the details. Funny thing is, my order shows serial numbers against 3 of the 4 products ordered. Even more funny (its clearly not funny anymore actually) the product missing from my delivery is exactly the product that doesn't have serial number assigned. Strangely sounds like it might be something Fanatec have failed to process again.

If someone from Fanatec is reading these posts please reach out and help and for everyone else you probably don't care but I clearly feel happier having a moan to the internet and good luck with your orders.

Final point, when or if I do finally get Sim Racing, thanks Fanatec for setting a pretty low base line for any time to beat getting anything anywhere 🤣

Comments

• man your expirience is so rough i hope you do get your order soon

i do see allot of this wrong documentation stuff from the uk based orders ? are you from there as well

and yeah at least u got 3 packadges right now that atleast good can u start your sim stuff already or what is it thats in the 4th one ?

• Peter MasonPeter Mason Member
    edited January 8

Sorry, should have said the UK.

Unfortunately can't start any sim racing yet. Its the Direct Drive I'm missing.

I have sat on my sofa with the wheel in hand going brrrrm brrrrm brrrrm but I wasn't really impressed with the sim feeling that gave, felt a bit understeery. At least things can only get better from there on in.

• yeah i did exactly the same then then i noticed the triggers on the back felt a little stiff so i modified my steering wheel to have carbon now so much better i should make a video XD

• this is called how to properly screw the customer

• Feel your pain bro, ups lost my entire shipment and getting fanatec too communicate was a nightmare, eventuallybi just kept spamming their instagram posts and they responded, eg starting from 1st of han i commented and tagged them saying day 1 of waiting for answers etc. After 8 days this year of spamming insta with bad publicity and 60 odd days of waiting a new order was magically created for me today and wilp be shipped express, i wont be holding my breath that it all goes smoothly, but

• you need contact them more often i quess, you been wait too long

• would have just filed a chargeback or paypal claim by now....would moved on with my life about 122 days ago

• 181 days and still don't have my product.

I have now also had no response from Fanatec customer service to any of my queries since the 12th January.