Still missing info on the v2.5X wheel orders!

Just trying to compile a list with missing or not so clear information about the situation with the v2.5x pending orders. Maybe this will get somehow addressed by @James or someone else, or at least give them an idea about the concerns on customer side for hopefully any future blog entry with a status update.

I'm really at a cross road trying to decide if there's any sense to wait more on this or just forget Fanatec even exists. Most of frustration, same as me and plenty others have stated before, is coming out of lack of information and trust in the few official statements we've got. I kind of feel the end of March will not be the end of this BF sale story, but after waiting this much, not really sure a charge back and ordering somewhere else is really efficient as that takes some time too. Less so cancelling as that process is even more uncertain.

Please feel free to add other concerns I might not thought about. Or maybe try together to make sense of the situation in lack of further feedback from Fanatec.

- Do we need to reply to the email from 15th Dec, even if we want to keep the order?

I am still undecided of how long to wait, I want to keep my options open. But if my lack of response would lead to further delays I would prefer to know now, not waste more time with this pathetic show. So far the hope that is not much more to wait is keeping me from charge back, as my order was somewhat early, but end of March delivery or allegedly more is not really acceptable.

- Are there any measures in place to assure that the orders won't be further delayed after wheel availability due to other ordered products going out of stock meantime?

QR1 is already showing out of stock. Are the other components ordered together with the wheel reserved or does Fanatec plan to go face forward, eyes shut into a new disappointing situation.

- Wouldn't it be much better for everyone to consider partial shipment or an exceptional acceptance of order adjustments? (giving up on the wheel, replace it with something available, etc) If not, what's Fanatec reason not to consider it?

This are still our money, but the decision of what is happening with them is really one sided here. Ok, let's say "due to the exceptionally high volume of traffic on your site during the sales event, there was a temporary synchronization issue between your website and warehouse management system", what is holding you not putting the efforts to properly aid your customers. Plenty of us could use at least part of the order or accept the v2.5 as Xbox support would not be mandatory. Why do we need to pay, even more then is required for your mistake?

I really cannot wrap my head around this decision on denying partial orders. Warehouse storing still is costly for so many orders put on hold for up to 4 months. The items ordered together are either not reserved or this is just an incompetent decision. At least it looks so with the available info on customer side.

- Why new orders are accepted for the v2.5x wheel on US shop? Can't those be shipped from US warehouse to EU and fulfill at least part of the backlog?

It shows available and ready to ship. I find it a bit absurd fulfilling new orders while people who ordered during Black Friday have to wait 4 months for their products.

How can the company apologize about the situation while simply refusing to make the tiny efforts to improve the situation. This paints quite a picture of the respect shown to your customers, or better said lack of it. Does someone really thinks the cost of shipping those parts is worth more than the damage this does to the brand?

This is no mistake, glitch or synchronization issue, it's just Fanatec decision to delay BF orders while fulfilling new ones with our paid products.

- Is it expected that any more orders containing the wheel will be fulfilled before end of March in EU?

Is there any hope for the early orders to get the wheel before the new production batch is ready. Intentional or not, the email from December does not make it quite clear. Now the inventory is finalized, where there any wheels found hidden into a corner? Would be great to know about how many orders are in the backlog and how many more could be fulfilled before end of March. The information should be available, it's common sense to give clear feedback so people can decide what is happening with their own money.

- Finally, can we get a statement that our orders are now free of other glitches or synchronization issues?

Things have settled, plenty of time had passed, inventory is done, but can we rest assured? Have Fanatec decided no other glitches, errors happened during Black Friday sales?

Comments

• TLDR for the OP:

- Do we need to reply to the email from 15th Dec, even if we want to keep the order?

- Are there any measures in place to assure that the orders won't be further delayed after wheel availability due to other ordered products going out of stock meantime?

- Wouldn't it be much better for everyone to consider partial shipment or an exceptional acceptance of order adjustments? (giving up on the wheel, replace it with something available, etc) If not, what's Fanatec reason not to consider it?

- Why new orders are accepted for the v2.5x wheel on US shop? Can't those be shipped from US warehouse to EU and fulfill at least part of the backlog?

- Is it expected that any more orders containing the wheel will be fulfilled before end of March in EU?

- Finally, can we get a statement that our orders are now free of other glitches or synchronization issues?

• Salut au vue des éléments que tu nous expose fanatec se fou de cela car j'ai moi même commander un 2.5x qui était en stock en non pas en précommande ok étant joueur sur Pc je leur est demander de m'envoyer un 2.5 a la place car j'avais pas besoin de compatibilité XBOX le mail date du 15/12/2023 ou je fessais cette demande est bien jamais de nouvelle a se mail donc ne rêver pas les amis vous vous êtes fait escroquer.

• - Why new orders are accepted for the v2.5x wheel on US shop? Can't those be shipped from US warehouse to EU and fulfill at least part of the backlog?

How is this a question? Fanatec (or any other company) doesn't ship the goods to EU and then to the US and then back. They shipped a batch to US from Asia, cleared the goods so now they have stock, therefore, you can get them in the US. Simple as that.

• I literally got my 25% today, not yet tested

• Wheel 349 euros + 25 euros de frais de port = 374 euros

374 - 25% = 280,25 euros

Fanatec va soutirer 60 euros a toutes les personne qui on commander pendant le black friday parceque tu va bien racheter ton volent 2.5 non ? sinon ont fait comment????

J'ai payer le 2.5x, 225 euros frais de port inclus comment ont fait ????

• edited January 9

Je tai fait le même calcul sans les frai de port ont fait comment ????

Volent 2.5x acheter 225 euros frais port inclut.

350 euro - 25% = 262,50 euros

262,5 + 25 euros frais port = 287,50

Volent acheter après le bon de réductionde 25% = 287,50 euros

• In my case I had more items in my basket than just the wheel and they came up to pretty much the same price with the 25% as they were on Black Firday.

However, note that you can't order a wheel without the QR and QR1 is currently sold out, so if you are planning on ordering today you need to add the cost of the QR2, which is not being provided for free

• If you would have a bit more self esteem, you would understand it is a reasonable request.

It's their mistake, they need to repair it as much as possible. They are outside European law with what they did and risking more than just shipment cost of bringing some wheels from US to EU. As long as they fulfill new orders while stating there are no more products in stock, which seems to be clearly false (no matter if they are in CN, US or EU) is just more aggravating.

People will follow this in court, not because of the money or damages compensation, but simply because being treated like this is not acceptable for some.

• That is the issue, plenty of items are out of stock, that's not really an option. Would be acceptable for me to get similar products, even if a bit higher on price, but the hassle to cancel/reorder and the uncertainty of it all is not so appealing. If I do so and I end up getting the new order as delayed as the current one, what's the point?

•  ordered mine on March 24th. My only question is why doesn't fanatec just stop taking orders on this wheel? Why keep the page up and take orders when you haven't even shipped orders from December 2023. It still says "ships within 4-7 days". Isnt this the epitome of greed and ? Should be sued for this kind of misinformation and money grab