How do the availability dates usually work?

Just ordered my first wheel(Ready2Race CSL DD bundle w/ P1 V2 wheel) and when I ordered it, the website said it would be back in stock on Jan 11th. A few days after I ordered it, the bundle went sold out, then came back a couple days later with Feb 6th as the new availability date.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with availability dates shifting after purchasing. I'm trying to figure out if I'm more likely to see the item ship with on the first date (Jan 11th) or if it'll get pushed back to Feb 6th. Or does it not matter because Fanatec doesn't really stick with those dates anyways?

Am in the United States if that matters regarding their shipping or not.

Comments

• It used to be that the date you saw when you ordered was the date. Check your order status instead of the shop for the availability date.

Lately it's been so inconsistent that it's hard to say if any of that is still true.

• Thank you for the information, my order still says Jan 11th, so here is to hoping that remains the date.

Cheers

• Don CollinsDon Collins Member
    edited January 10

In the same boat. Ordered the dd+ yesterday, and the availability date was Jan 17. Today the availability date went to Feb 29th, including my invoice. Not sure when it will ship.

Also, I ordered the qr2 wheel base Jan 2nd with the availability on the 17th. It shows available now, but my invoice still shows Jan 17. Tempted to cancel it and reorder, but I don't want another hundred tied up.

• I ordered DD+ yesterday with availabilities date 17/1/24, it shown 17/1/24 when the status is not in process. After the status changed to in process, the availabilities date changed to 29/2/24. And also the webpage also changed to 29/2/24. That mean they will not follow the availabilities date when you are order, they can change the date without any notification.

• What was the delay for them changing the date?

Like did you see it on the site, place your order, refresh and see a new date? Is it possible you purchased it and in that process they were in the process of updating the dates?

Just curious, my order has been in process for the last few days and the date on my order itself hasn't changed even though the product page officially has.

Also are you EU region? Been reading that region has been having more issues there than anywhere else.

• In my experience,availability date is no use.I ordered a wheel on BF and website shows that the latest availability date is Dec 18,but now ,on Jan 10,my order is still at "in process" state.I have send a lot of mail to Fantec but no reply until now.Fantec send an email to me on Dec 7 told me that my order may be postponed ,and after that there's no information about my steering wheel.

• But what about the date that changes when you look at your orders? An Availability date can also be seen there and changes regularly. My order is still in process (since 24/11) but should normally already be available...weird.

• Now US website changed to available, hope my status is ill be changed

• Now changed back to 29/2/24……..