Fanatec Support......

I have been trying to get support on several issues I have had since starting my Fanatec journey on December 14th(original date of purchase). I ordered a wheel base/steering wheel/pedals/$1800. I am new to sims and I know you can spend more but I considered this a substantial order. First issue was with my order. Everything was unstuck when ordered and I placed and paid immediately. I would then check the order status to check its progress on a daily basis to track the progress since the purchases were for a Christmas present for my kids and I wanted to assure I could have everything in hand in time to surprise them and spend time using it with them over the holiday. After three business days and a weekend of seeing the status stuck at "transferred to warehouse" I made an inquiry through the website to make sure the order was under way and that I had not screwed something up. No answer or reply was ever made and I just crossed my fingers. Well nothing was sent till the on the friday after Christmas I was sent a delivery notice and received the product at that point. Unfortunately is was too late with holiday and the shipping etc to order another set from anyone else so My Christmas suprise had to incorporate the old G27 and pedals on the new chassis/pc/monitors etc, that all arrived on time. I was disappointed to have missed the holiday deadline and thought I had left enough time to get everything but was ok with it. I was only upset that Fanatec did not seem to have any way to be contacted and chaulked that up to the holiday season rush.

I was excited to get everything and updated everything on the PC side as recommended on the web and got started with plugging everything in. I followed the install process and tried to update the firmware etc and was not successful with that process. The only thing I could get to update was the wheel motor and it would fail after each attempt after that on everything else. I tried iRacing(which I had received a 3 month free coupon with the Fanatec product but could no longer use since I didnt have the product before lighting the sim up) and found things to seem to function. The force feedback was not detailed and I knew something was up but continued on. I opened a case online and kept using it. After a few day the kids called me and said that the buttons on the wheel quit working and it no longer had a display. I opened another case and got more serious about trying to trouble shoot the firmware and software. I opened a discussion on this forum to try and get some help as I had yet to get an reply from Fanatec. This went on for week......searching the internet for solution and having zero luck and getting more and more frustrated. I finally found a video on you tube through my discussion on the forum leading me to find that the usb interface between the wheel and the Quick release(motor side) had slipped out and needed to be reseated. After trying all torques recommended and still having it slip out after 10-15 minutes of use I found using Carbon Assembly Lube in the interface between the two parts to solve the issue. Now I have a working wheel again and was able to Update the QR/Wheel/Buttons. I was also able to Upgrade the firmware in the wheel motor and the force feedback improved quite a bit.

I had still not received any support from Fanatec at this point and it was a week of trying everything I could find. They have since then reached out but I am very upset with everything at this point. They have sent several boilerplate emails having me try to diagnose the current issue with not being able to update the wheel hub firmware and it crashing on update. I have sent them detailed responses with pictures/screenshots/video etc. I have asked repeatedly about an advance replacement, returning the product etc with no reply or indication of receipt. It seems to me this would be so easily handled with a phone number/contact and perhaps a screen share. I am really disappointed in my purchase and just want to be done with it. If I could return everything and purchase from another vendor who has dealers that will answer the phone and provide support I would. Has anyone had success contacting them or have any advice? Sad.

Comments

• Just got done reading some other posts.......looks like I am not the only one. Sheesh.

• Same boat as you, in the UK. Situation is pretty poor at the moment. I had an email saying they're currently expecting first orders of backlog to ship from late MARCH, I personally expect later. Then there's the usual shipping, customs delays and problems to deal with. Going to be a frustrating few months for us I think.

• The support situation is certainly not good...Been a week since I heard from them last, but I guess at least I heard from them at all...

• I ordered the new Clubsport DD 12nm with CSL BMW wheel and CSL pedals 10/23. I received them early January and after receiving the QR-2 adapter for the wheel I was able to upgrade from Logitech. Worked great for a short while then after a reboot for monitor setting adjustments the steering malfunctioned and now the wheel is no longer detected. Hardware contacts mechanically sound, rebooting, uninstalling and reloading software nothing works in getting steering wheel to be detected.

Now I find that along with slow product delivery on the sales side of Fanatec there is no discernible way to contact product support. When I log into my account and try to get to support you end up in a web page loop. No phone numbers or email to be found.

During the long wait for product delivery I checked with my credit card company on getting my money back if nothing showed up they indicated I was protected. Now to find out if an inoperable device arrived am I still protected.

Maybe this forum is monitored and help might arrive, otherwise I will check into other options.

I like the direct drive wheel so I don’t want to go back to Logitech but Fanatec isn’t working so I’m looking for options.

Suggestions?