Fanatec situation is now mainstream.

Fanatec are destroying their own reputation and it's now become mainstream. Many "influencers" are now posting video's about the situation.

Personally I can't see them recovering from this now. I've seen this happen to other companies that operate within a niche market, specifically the guitar market. Once the community decided, that's it.

Can see Thrustmaster coming back this year with a PS5 DD wheel, that will consume their PS5 business going forward.

Comments

• They’re just trying to trend ever since PC gamer made an article about it.

They only care cause it’s drama and relevant which is good for their channel growth.

• Personally I made the video to bring greater awareness to the issues my viewers have been increasingly telling me about for months.

In the video I also talk about my positive experiences of purchasing and using Fanatec equipment.

I'm honestly taken aback by the comments on the video already - it seems this was a wider issue than I thought.

• Was a balanced video in all fairness. Enjoy your content, keep up the good work.

always good to see a creator covering the good and the bad.

• edited January 11

I almost agree BUT:

Random is a Fanatec Streamer and gets paid through links to Fanatec. Also he had approached some of this with the CEO last year. I was waiting for him to do a video on this.

Boosted mentioned this in their Equipment of the year video and we're still waiting.

Kireth is a pretty over the top YouTuber. Everything is an internet first or in this case "Dangerous for him" But he puts out sooooo much content that it's a quantity game. EDITED AFTER SEEING KIRETH POST: BUT IT'S SO VERY GOOD! :oops

Personally, I think it's good to get more light on it.

I am sticking with Fanatec for my wheel base, but it doesn't mean I'm happy. I'm more concerned than anything.

• Sure, they have problems I too had delays up to 50 days recently.

But there is nothing like it on the market, I really like the products snd will continue to buy from them.

Be patient, I am sure they are working very hard to resolve the issues.

To me the biggest issue is communication, the absolute worst.....

Best of luck Fanatec 👍

• If the competition ever offer PlayStation and Xbox support on a single wheelbase, I really think if fanatec don’t up the game, that would finish them

• edited January 11

Fanatec are in the position where they test people like crap because no matter what they say, they believe they can because no matter what they do people still spend money. They are in the position where to them it's acceptable. They will ignore and just wait for three days to be better again. No matter how much we complain most people will still give them money no matter how pissed off we are. In my position I play on PS5 so my path for high level equipment is very very limited and no I don't see the Logitech pro as a credible item because there's is no upgrade path.

If another company gets PlayStation certification and is if an equal power or quality at this point I would possibly jump ship.

I'm not their biggest customer but I have got almost £3,000 worth of their kit and I feel we pay to be violated........

I'm waiting for my DD+. I paid for it in October. I expected it in December. I doubt it'll arrive much before March. Almost half a year........ They email and give excuses but have never actually said sorry about all the problems. They just give excuses and reasons why it's not their fault. They set expectations they ignore them and let people down. I hate to say it but this is a company that deserves to have a massive financial failure just to teach them they need to look after their customers. It's them that pay them and it's them they crap on with pretty much every order.

• i also made a video about this about my own experience as a first time customer

This is more my personal experience but i do need to change the annotation if multiple people are speaking out that is great news i didn't see allot of people speak out at first so i said it in this video :S

• I wonder it these youtubers were byuing anyting during BF or just made the videos based on the reddit claims?

I've placed three orderes during Black Friday and received 2 of them in about two weeks. 3d order had one "pre-order" item. Fanatec sent mails stating if i cance i would get 25% vaucher and even replied my mail. placed 3rd order again two days ago. So yeah.

fanatecs only "fault" is that they are selling "pre-order" products and people do not read what it means. I guess it is better than checking competitors websites and see "OUT OF STOCK" and live in limbo checkig same web site everyday.

• influencers woke up.

I wonder what took them so long.

yes, many have been bribed by this "fantastic" company, so they are not allowed to talk.

what is happening from BF is so disgusting.

and these people who wait months for their equipment, for which they gave money that these liars use, are the biggest sadists and masochists at the same time. they still trust them like a young girl in love.

it's like someone beating you like an animal, and you tell him "give me more, give me more".

but come on, it started to get a little stronger in the public.

I defended them for the first 10 days after BF and now I regret attacking the poor people who immediately saw through them in their thieving intentions.

but I soon realized in which direction FanaSCAM arranged its work, a thief's work.

so be it, let it be.

it will cost them. I've been saying that for a long time. and I work with my heart to help them sink there.

all EU retailers have already sold out all Simagic products. I personally know a lot of people who sold, pressed cancellation and moved on, for the better.

so dear gentlemen, the ship is sinking. save yourself if you can.

• “I personally know a lot of people” I highly doubt that…

• I'm currently waiting for 50+ days on a DD2, V2.5X and a QR2. Ordered on 17-11, got "send to warehouse" on 28-11. The only thing that wasn't in stock was the QR2, but that date was 28-11.

Also i've ordered another V2.5X on 24-11 and got it delivered on 4-12. So the wheel wasn't the problem in my case.

I've said it before, and will say it again; the price was so good that i won't mind waiting, but what annoys me is the lack of communication.

• @kireth kalirai

top man for speaking up! got balls compared to other YTs who make money off GT community

• Oh, you are so wrong.

The fact that you got a good experience in a sea of bad ones does not make it right. Ok, they handled a few orders right, but plenty others wrong, your conclusion is people are ignorant? The irony!

I ordered all in stock items during BF, found out right before Christmas the v2.5x wheel is, in fact, out of stock. With no chance to reorder somewhere else in time for Christmas. They offered that 25% voucher, which they sent to people just recently, while plenty of items were out of stock.

Do you have the least of understanding in what position this situation had put plenty of people?

I guess it's they're fault they "do not read". Can you also enlighten us, where to read it?

• What many people don't understand is that in 2024, in normality, i.e. when there are no problems, managing an order in 2 weeks is not at all positive. Indeed, it means that the company is in trouble, that the staff is few and works poorly. It means that the company will be unable to solve a problem when it arises.

I am aware that most people received the products in 1 or 2 weeks, I have had this experience myself. As a customer I can tolerate it, it's certainly not a tragedy. It is the resulting inability to solve problems when they arise that is frightening. Because Fanatec employees, for at least 2 years, in my experience, can barely do ordinary work, and they don't seem to have time to take care of those customers who have problems.

Equally worrying is the fact that Fanatec is not willing to refuse new orders, even for a limited period, in order to solve the problems of customers in queues and give employees some breathing room. They don't want to give up their cash flow, even though they know that doing so will add more and more problem customers to the queue. It is important to them to get money, or perhaps take money away from the competition, even knowing that an ever-increasing percentage of orders will not be fulfilled in a reasonable time. This is not only worrying, it is also unfair, it should be considered unfair competition. Competitors do not allow you to purchase an out-of-stock item at all, but only to be notified when this item becomes available again.

• If you have a look at their accounts online you will see that the company value has dropped noticably in the last year.

• and this is what bothers me the most.

"It is important for them to get money, or perhaps take money away from the competition,"

because, let's go back to the BF days. I personally was looking to buy a Simagic product at that time, but of course I was waiting to see what would happen in the last days here. of course they put tempting offers on BF here and we boarded that ship. Now we all know how that ship ended up, or continues to end up. sinks.

and if, say, there were no such generous offers for BF, the competition had offers for BF through their resellers and directly, mostly 10-15%.

I say myself that I wanted to take Simagic.

so in this way I lost the BF discount from the Simagic company, so I can comfortably say that FanaSCAM owes me €150, which I would have saved by buying better equipment from Simagic for BF.

• @Zeko think you need to take a few days off the forum pal. You have clearly taken this out of perspective and as such have taken it very personally,

Ultimately Fanatec are now under pressure from alternative brands. They had a clear lead in the market , especially on console, but that lead is now reducing and they will quickly find themselves in a very competitive market. They can obviously see this coming.

Their product quality is good, but then so are others now. Plus a large section of the market, those on console, typically find "good enough", enough. I think Thrustmaster will take back dominance on console as soon as they release the DD for PS5. Their eco-system is much cheaper and as for the quality, it is good enough, which most people are happy with. I sometimes wonder how much the SF1000 would cost if Fanatec sold it. They just represent better value with the added benefit of being able to deal with the scale and for consumers to buy through trusted retailers. In the PC market, there is Moza, Simagic and others, now competing with very high quality products, which will reduce Fanatec's marketshare.

Fanatec had a real opportunity to dominate the market by offering good products with exceptional customer support. Unfortunately for them, they don't seem to have been able to cope with their own success, I suspect due to the limitations of the leadership. It is clear to everyone that they have not invested sufficiently enough in to the customer support side of the business for the volume of sales they are making. this is a naive mistake, that will likely see the downfall of Fanatec as the dominant brand in serious sim racing peripherals.

I personally do regret placing my order with Fanatec and wish I had opted for the Thrustmater GT2 instead, with the intent to upgrade when they release their DD. The upside is that when my order does eventually arrive, I can always sell with minimal loss as it seems people would rather buy it on eBay second-hand then have to deal with Fanatec directly.

• I have been patiently waiting for my DD+. I admit I am starting to regret my haste when I pulled the trigger on it. This is my first rig, I got a TR 160 some V3 love. Right now the rig is just a $2000 paper weight. Is it weird to think that with a dec 27 date that u would have my base by the new year. Why change the date to Jan 10 availability if it is clearly not available? Just a little frustrated.

• Could be a typo for all we know most people still have the 17th as the new date i do hope you get the mail soon but even then it means nothing untill its at your door ofcourse let me know when u got your order

I myself also waiting for that dd+

• @Rob

when someone screws you over, you take things personally. that it is absolutely normal

• You. Emphasis you.

You have not been screwed over by your own admission. You are getting upset on behalf of others. That's pretty toxic behaviour.

• and you are not much smart at all

• you are moron, and we all know that

• 😂

You're a funny.

Thought I'd join in on whatever you're on.