”Future Steering Wheels and Wheel Bases will come with QR2 by default“

On the QR2 FAQ page, it states "Future Steering Wheels and Wheel Bases will come with QR2 by default, with the option to select an appropriate QR1 accessory (available during the transition period)."

I'm wondering when will QR2 wheel-side be shipped with the steering wheel?

Comments

• This Note is currently for newly developed wheels, not for already released wheels. So the first wheel was the Podium Rally Monte Carlo wheel, the next one should be the Bentley.

After the transition period of 2 years also the older existing wheels will have QR2 by default.

• Guess I won’t be buying any new wheels for a while then.

• good. if we have the availability of QR2 adapters, why do we need a transition of 2 years?

apply immediately, instantly.

what, you want to make money from existing users so that they spend hundreds of € and $, so that you can make money from fools.

how pathetic.

the pure embodiment of scum from the FanaSCAM team.

• The first wheel with QR2 as standard was the BMW GT3 wheel.

• Not really, it came with QR1 for almost 2 years and only now got the transition made to QR2 out of the box for every newly shipped wheel this year...

• if they could replace QR1 with QR2 on the BMW GT3 wheel, then they can do it immediately with all CS wheels

• I wish all base they would sell would come with QR2 now too but quite annoying that being new if you buy a CSLDD/GT DD Pro today you end up with a useless connector :/

NB : I got my order from 21/11 yesterday yeahhhh (with Clubsport V3/Shifter / 2023 F1 Wheel and magnetic pedals :p) --> If looks very good just need to waait for the base... with a QR2 now :p

• Oh yeah great idea. Have Fanatec ship all them already produced and boxed wheels back to a factory to be unboxed, and the QR1 removed and replaced with a QR2. Because the delays to shipping products aren't bad enough already.

Another genius idea. 😂

Anyone who gets a QR1 wheel I suggest you box up the unused QR1 in the box the QR2 comes in and sell it on eBay. Looking at sold items, you could get back a decent amount from people looking to upgrade their QR1 lite to full QR1.

• Did you know that steering wheels all come without QR? There is no need to open the boxes to remove the QR1, it is shipped in a separate box, just like QR2.

• he just thinks he knows everything

• I did not know that. I've bought 3 wheels that came as default with QR1 and it was pre-installed and not separate.

Do you know if that's limited to certain wheels? Do QR lite wheels still come with that pre-installed?

• The Formula V2.5X comes with QR1 in a separate box. The GT DD Pro wheel comes with the QR Lite preinstalled.

• P1 v2 and P1 BMW are the only wheels that come with QR1 lite pre-installed.

However, you will still have to choose a QR when purchasing, and if QR1 lite is out of stock, you will not be able to buy these wheels.

• QR1 lite is a bad product if you have base with more than 5nm. With the time you Lose connection to the base.

I know a lot of people play with 5 nm or less. But if you play on ovals or with Formula Open Wheelers you reach very fast the point when qr1 lite make problems, because the simulated downforces stress the qr1 lite

• My wheel arrived Tuesday, ordered beginning of December and yes, it was listed as QR2 pre-installed already when I ordered but it has still QR1 installed.

that’s a huge issue for me because I trusted that listing and my whole setup is already upgraded to QR2.

when it’s bc the update cable which is still QR1 it is still not acceptable fanatec list it as QR2 pre-installed and ship it without any QR2.

of course I created a ticket immediately but I have no information if I will get my QR2 soon or what. In my products and orders the QR2 it not shown up.

I mean tbh we talk about their „premium“ product and I can still not call anyone via phone. That’s really sad.

I didn’t feel the hate against Fanatec since BF and after what doesn’t mean I hadn’t any issues with their products or orders, but when you order the most expensive thing at the shop it can’t be it is managed like that.

just my 2 cents