How to cancel an order?

From everything I'm hearing about Fanatec with regards to the horrific customer support, as well as them taking an age to ship my order, I'm thinking it is just not worth getting involved with this company.

Can anyone advise how I can cancel an order that has ben handed to the warehouse? The option to cancel is removed from the my orders webpage when the order moves to handed to warehouse status.

Think I'm just going to go with Thrustmater GT2 and wait until they have a DD for console. Can't be dealing with companies like this, if I have a problem in the future.

Comments

• Hello, if you paid by PayPal or credit card, it is the way to go. For information, on PayPal, the first step is to open a dispute. Which is basically send a mail to fanatec trough PayPal. I did it last week, and since fanatec did not response, i transfered the case to PayPal...

• My order went warehouse about a week ago. I plant to wait one more week and if no tracking number by then I will start credit card dispute. I have found some pretty good options available ion stock.

• the delay in shipping I can deal with, as long as it's less than 4 weeks, even though they advertise 4-7 days..... the thing I'm more concerned with now is if I get a faulty item or I need a warranty claim in the future. It's not worth the potential headache.

• I also placed an order from fanatec on January 4, 2024 and to date it is still being processed. In recent days I was thinking of asking for a refund but then instead I thought and decided to put my trust in fanatec! I just hope I don't regret this choice in the future, I don't want to get sick from the forum and I want to see what and how fanatec will behave.

• Have you looked at how the business is performing? Their TTM currently is a net income of -18m EUR. This is following positive years previously. In addition the market cap has halved in 12 months.

It might be that they are actually in real trouble as a business. I'm not sure I want a £1500 of sim kit from a company that isn't around next year.

• Looks like you can't cancel the order once it's moved to the Warehouse stage.

3) Right to Cancel and Right to Revocation

3.1 Right to Cancel

a, Consumers are entitled to the right to cancel.

b. Consumers can cancel their orders as long as they have not entered the warehouse processing phase. This can be done via your Fanatec account -> My Orders, simply click on the "Cancel Order" button.

Will a PayPal dispute work here?

• If you are waiting since more than 30 days, no problem. If you receive the stuff in less than 30, you can use your right to withdrawal.

Information found on the European consumers center website :

"According to the Distance Selling Directive35 the contracting parties have the possibility 

to agree on a delivery time. In practice this means that the trader provides information 

on the website about how long delivery will take. If the consumer enters into contract 

with the trader, the delivery time is part of the contract. If the product is not delivered in 

time, there is a breach of contract. The Directive also stipulates what constitutes breach 

of contract when the parties have not agreed on a specific delivery time. According to 

article 7(2) of the Directive, the consumer may cancel the contract if the products are not 

delivered within 30 days, if the parties have not agreed on a delivery time. Under these 

circumstances, the consumer may cancel the contract and receive a full refund"

• Screen shot of when your order was initially available would be very useful in that situation.

• Hi

I have had a terrible experience with Fanatec, If I was you I would NOT shop with them. As you are most probably aware there customer service is just shocking, disgusting in fact.

File a complaint with PayPal and ask for a refund. I am going through hell with them at them moment.

ANYONE reading this post and thinking of shopping with Fanatec...... DO NOT! YOU WILL Regret it Massively.