Yet Another Leather Wheel Wrap Post

Matthew SpeedMatthew Speed Member
edited January 12 in Steering Wheels

Hey guys, having a dialog with a company that will do high quality wheel wraps (either full service or DIY) about possibly making a template and/or offering a kit for the GT DD wheel.

Guy only wants to do it tho if there is enough interest. No real idea on price. I think full service once a template is made would be in the 250 dollar range plus shipping your wheel out. This is in USD and company is in the US.

Non-binding but how many folks have GT DD wheels that want to be wrapped either because the covering is failing or you don't like the feel?

Lets not fill this thread with why the stock texture is right or whatever. This Q either applies to your or it doesn't.

Comments

• Just let them know if it’s more than half the price of a new wheel which is probably will be. It’s not ganna happen.

Sim racers are cheap for spending a lot of money. Which is why we (well some of us I do both) race in sim instead of shell out 2-10x as much for a track/race car.

If the cost is less than half the price of a WRC/Mclarin wheel he might have something. I might be interested in a year when my WRC wheel takes a dumb from use.

• Fair enuff :).